Ideas for increasing site traffic

• Frostbyt3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Corpus Christi, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone know any really good site scripts that could increase traffic?

What I mean is there anything i can do that would have alot of people coming to my site or at least somthing really good about my site that everyone could use?

(not forums please? :P )
  • Shikoku
  • Shikoku

Post 3+ Months Ago

well you could get search engines to have your site. and have a lot of other people link to your site. that would boost the amount of people but idk what you'd want to add to have them come.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would suggest doing some reading in the search engine boards here at OZZU. You will learn quite a bit there.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

The best way to get good search engine traffic: clean code. Make sure your html is optimized as much as possible and you should be good to go. Don't forget to create unique page titles having to do with your content. Search engines also hit header tags (h1...h6) pretty hard, so be sure to give your page good titles and put all headers in headers. Avoid tables. Avoid frames. Use css for positioning to put your content above your navigation. That'll help a lot too.

What kind of actual programs are you looking for? Forums? Classifieds?
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Join some topsites, and affiliate programs.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Strange no-one has suggested <b>useful content</b>

Whether it be galleries of cool graphics, more tutorials, whatever. Something to generate interest. Something that people can use or can enjoy.

Once you get interesting/useful stuff on your site, people will start linking to you without you even asking.

content = visitors = links = SERPS = more visitors and guess where you are now!
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtm223 wrote:
Strange no-one has suggested <b>useful content</b>

I thought that was a gimme. :)
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Marketing Marketing Marketing Marketing Marketing Marketing Marketing

and if you didn't catch that: Marketing.

Search engine optimization is the catchall phrase that means pretty much what people have said above. You clean you code, put in relavent content, add proper meta tags, then reoptimize you content to be more search engine friendly... optimize filenames, for example: if you have a page on world hunger, all else being equal, a file called worldhunger.html or world_hunger.html will get fewer SE hits than one called world-hunger.html because search engines index the dash character as a space, which means when someone searches for "World Hunger" the relavence will be higher for world-hunger.

The next step is spending some money. Buy keywords to increase your ranking... this can be a little or a lot of money, but the more you spend, in general, the better you will do. Internet Marketing has a high ROI, but if you don't have money to invest initially, sometimes that doesn't mean anything...

.c

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts