IFRAME and Netscape 4.7X

• foxer
  • Born
  • Born
  • foxer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
the problem is:

I have a start html wich redirect with Iframe to html frameset page.

In Netscape 4.7X the frameset is not visibility.

Coudl you please help me if you have an idea what can I do

Thanks in advanse :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

um, i dont believe iframes work in the *newest* version of netscape. they say they support them, but v6.0 sure as hell didnt. my advice? dont use iframes.
  • monoheinz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

As neksus said - don't use iframes. There are plenty of reasons why you want to avoid them, but to sum it all up: Iframes suck. First of all they represent a security threat. Secondly search engines don't mix well with them. Finally iframes aren't really user friendly (also, many people use filters to remove all iframes as their main purpose on the internet is displaying ads anyway). The main alternative to iframes is applying the overflow:auto attribute to i.e. a <div> element (combined with some sort of include-script), but my opinion is that all inline scrollbars should be avoided if possible.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya, i used to use them all the time (because the sites i was making SEO didnt matter), i thought it was neat how you could load content with the rest of the page remaining static. but in the long run, its not really worth it.
  • foxer
  • Born
  • Born
  • foxer

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can use div tags but unfortunately I want to display different information with scroll bar, and I need javascript wich can show content with scroll bars i all browser. Can you help me with this salution. :?:
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

different information with scroll bar? im not quite sure i follow...
  • foxer
  • Born
  • Born
  • foxer

Post 3+ Months Ago

I mean that I need to show large conten in a small box and I must use scroll bars to view all information in this box.

p.s the information in this box will change with navigation buttons
  • monoheinz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you really need a box with a scrollbar then I would still recommend using the overflow:auto attribute. It's widely supported by browsers by now, it's part of the w3c specification, and if an old version of Netscape can't handle that I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.
But in general I would advice you to avoid the scrollbars altogether and do a fluid design. It's far more user friendly.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts