iframe help

• PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, Ok, i know you all HATE iframes, but deal with it. lol. Anyways, i was wondering, how come my iframe has a scroll bar to scroll left and right? http://thegoodstuff.cjb.net Usually with all my other friends, it would automatically size the text in the iframe so it wont have any left-right scrollbar. Anyway to get rid of this scrollbar besides putting in <BR> in the page that the iframe is reading from? Heres the code i have in there now:
Code: [ Select ]
<IFRAME CLASS="iframe" name="frame" height="500px" width="800px" frameborder="0" SRC="main.html" scrollers="auto"></IFRAME>

So all i want is the page inside the iframe to automatically resize so it wont have a left-right scrollbar on the iframe. Any help will be appreciated. And YES, i do know i could do this site without iframes, but i don't want to.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

wellthatisjustwhathappenswhenyouhaveareallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally
reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally
reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally
reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally
reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallylongword!
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hahha, im DUMB!!! thanks b_heyer.

ps...*blonde*, and proud of it BIATCH!!! lol j/p
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehehe, I am sure there IS a way to disable vertical scroll or enable word wrap or something, otherwise you can just edit the words and include spaces or "- "s
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about if you just put the text that is supposed to go in the iframe into a fixed width table?
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nah. Just noticed you have the same problem with words that are too long - the table stretches, but I think at this point we've all realized that you don't really have a problem anyway...
  • tyghtwad
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried to do the scollbar attribute as false and also the width and height as a normal size not as pixels?

Code: [ Select ]
<iframe width=750 height=3200 scrolling=false marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 frameborder=0 src="iframe.src"></iframe>

Just as thought since it is one main page

tyght :wink:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts