Iframe Troubles

• Kavik5
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kavik5

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok let me give some background on what my problem is and what I want the final resolution to be.

Our company uses an third part imaging system of which we have no acces to editing the web interface provided. So editing the login page is out.

What I decided to do was using an IFrame show the login box of the imaging system.

Once the user enters their login info it loads the page inside the iframe. I need it to open in either a new tab or a new window. Are there any solutions to this problem that anyone can think of?

Here is the page I am currently working with. The login Iframe is on the left.

ppsconline . com/index-wc.html

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nothing you can do if it's coming from a 3rd party site because of browser cross-domain security issues. <iframe> contents and events are shielded from the containing pages view.

You might find something that relies on a browser security bug that lasts for a little while, but even if you do you'll be taking a risk on how long it takes for that browser maker to discover the bug and break your site when they fix the bug. :)
  • Kavik5
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kavik5

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply, I figured as much. I am trying to convince the third party company to at least set it so that the login button opens in a new window. Sadly they are not pleasant to deal with.

Thanks again!
  • JemsRoker
  • JemsRoker
  • Loc: Bangle of India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello surprised your view! I am new here and interested to share idea with friends of this forum. Thanks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts