Image Change Mouse Over Links

• Slushie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Slushie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am trying to redo the look of my site.
I want to use images for my navigation bar, instead of the simple text I use now. I would like to know how to set it up so whenever you move the mouse over one of the image links in the navigation bar, the image will change. It needs to change to a different image for every link.
Does anyone know of a code? I use Front Page 2002 if that means anything. But I know basic stuff about inserting html code.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, you can do simple roll-overs in ImageReady. If you dont have that, then you can check out http://www.good-tutorials.com for some tutorials on it.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

well...you can use javascript, or css rollovers. not sure how many people here use css rollovers that im talking about, to be frank i've never seen anybody use them before. basically, you make your image, and your rollover image, and put them into the same picture. then on A:nav hover { you just change the background position. no loading times cuz css is instant :D
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I once used CSS rollover images for a navbar. I found that they didn't quite work as well as Javascript rollovers. That was a while ago now, so I'm not sure if the problem was browser related or if it was just my lack of experience with CSS at the time.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

background position background position! lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts