Images copyrights & wallpapers site

• blackscorpion
  • Born
  • Born
  • blackscorpion

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want to start a new celebrity wallpapers site which contains wallpapers of sportstars. I am scanning the images for these wallpapers from magazines etc. Will this create copyright problems. I mean will this use of the images will be considered illegal ? or most of the time it is ignored ? & do the other wallpaper websites buy the images which they use in the wallpapers most of the times or not ?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Each image has the potential of being copyrighted by the magazine, the individual, the photographer or a professional organization like NASCAR, or the NFL Players Association, for examples.

It's hard to say, generically, what infringments you might be creating.
  • blackscorpion
  • Born
  • Born
  • blackscorpion

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes you are right. Legally it may be wrong but actually i want to know that whether other celebrity wallpaper websites do that or whether owners of images take action usually. I saw the site http://www.celebrity-wallpaper.com & they are putting a line in the page footer.

"All images come from public sources on the Internet and are listed as being in the public domain. In case of an error where you are the owner of a photo and feel it is used unknowingly, please contact us so we can immediately remove it from our site. We do not intend to display any copyright protected images . "

Will this help ?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts