Images

• webmaster88
  • webmaster88

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an informational website I am in the process of building, And I am to the point where I need to put images on my website. Am I going to get in trouble for posting images from google search engines of like 'healthy people' or 'body-builders' or pictures of steak and food, stuff like that? And if so, then where in the hell does everyone get there images from? Thanks!

-William
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

so long as you don't use the images to make money, i see no reason why you can't use the images.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want free images you can use sxc.hu. If you don't mind paying a little you can use istockphoto or stockxpert. As far as you having the rights to use these images the usage rights are posted with the images.
  • webmaster88
  • webmaster88

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for replies, but is it considered commercial use if I have the images on my website for decoration, But having other links on my site that lead to affiliate sells? And what is commercial use considered anyways? If your website becomes popoular and pulls alot of traffic and people pay you to advertise on it, Is your website considered commercial use?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website CXLink posted allows most of there pictures with no restrictions, so you can use on corporate page or personal page.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also use sxc.
  • webmaster88
  • webmaster88

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for replies guys
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, if you use pictures from other sites, you will have to at least download them onto your host before using them, because just hotlinking them from another site might get you into trouble because you will then be using their bandwidth for your own site ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts