an important question

• junghyunsmile
  • Born
  • Born
  • junghyunsmile

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, for me it is very important...

well, hi =]
i've started designing websites as a job after i graduated high school and i've come across a barrier.
how do i combine flash cs3 and dreamweaver cs3?
the sites i am trying to design are similar to that of burberry, louis vuitton, and chanel websites.
i cant seem to do this in dreamweaver itself and im not too familiar with flash cs3 or action script 3 and all i have to help me with flash cs3 and action script 3 are 2 dvds from lynda.com

if anyone could let me know how to go on about doing this, i would appreciate it =]

EDIT: i just learned that you can design websites in flash cs3? o.O
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

well here's what happens, dreamweaver is a web-development package (a very powerful one at that too), and flash is a flash development tool. Now in reality those are two completely separate things and they create two very separate things, flash creates a flash file (in FLV or SWF format) and dreamweaver creates an HTML page (in HTM or HTML format). But you can embed a flash file into an HTML file, and that then would be called a 'flash website' if nothing else exists on the page except the embedded flash.

So basically you are looking for a way to embed a flash file into an HTML page. And with dreamweaver it should be really easy (as I can recall), somewhere in the menu there should be a "flash" or "insert flash" button, which you can press and then browse for the flash file and dreamweaver will add the code for you into the HTML page, just make sure that the flash file (FLV or SWF) is relatively positioned to the HTML page, so in the same folder or a level or a few levels deeper ... And also in dreamweaver save the HTML page first before embedding the flash, otherwise it's going to complain about paths etc ...
  • junghyunsmile
  • Born
  • Born
  • junghyunsmile

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh thnx!
well i just found out you can create websites in flash cs3 and thats what i was looking for, i guess...
so after i build the website in flash, i embed it into an html page and publish it from there?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's it ...
  • wanna kill
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

i heard this somewhere that google can't index the flash based sites. what is the reason. and how can we remove this problem.

thanks
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

goggle(an every one else) uses bots which look at the text in the code be it html php or what ever and users that to index the site the problem is that text in a flash file is essentially just an image and so can not be read as the bots seem not to have an ocr program which would help the only way around it is to use the keywords tag and possibly embed key words in
Code: [ Select ]
<!-- Comment -->
comment tags.
  • Flanders
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Reno, Nevada US

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should look into SWFObject for embedding flash movies into HTML pages.
http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts