Inexpensive Shopping Cart for Newbie!

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. Not sure if this is in the right place (if not could someone please move), but I am looking for a shopping cart program. It needs to fairly inexpensive (300 dollars or less) and be easy to use and update and I also want to be able to make the design somewhat stylish. I saw some Open Source stuff and they look very dated. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I also, looked at the ones Godaddy offers and they have an inexpensive option that includes hosting. Just don't know if it's worth it, if I can find a better solution somewhere else. Thanks in advance!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Zaiah long time.. Do you need to sell physical objects + fulfillment or is it stuff that could be downloaded?
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey! Yeah it's been a little while. Been trying to get my skill up before posting another site :) Anyways, yes they are physical items. I also need a download option for another site. But the first will be a store that sells jewelry and stuff like that. Godaddy has an option that's 30 bucks a month (hosting included) but you can only sell 100 items. Which is not too bad for this project.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

well I've used osCommerace and VirtuMart (for Joomla). Both are Free, Extremely powerful/flexible and customize able. However, because of their size they can be a beast to work with.

Customization is on the level of themes in your favorite CMS so you may want to take some time to learn the ins and outs of either choice before you jump in.
  • N2S
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

google...
opensource shopping cart

your answer might lie there.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

N2S wrote:
google...
opensource shopping cart

your answer might lie there.

LOL. Yeah I did that first. And I usually do, but if I can get some opinions that I trust, from people whose work I've seen and respect, that can save some headache.

I'm not that new. Just to shopping carts :)

And thanks Graphix! I'll look into those two right away. I have a about a month before the client needs it.
  • tekboi504
  • tekboi504

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow this thread was made just in time. I am working on selling downloadable instrumentals and I'm looking for a shopping cart & banking system that will handle the transactions.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts