Info and Warning divs, code displays, etc

• dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
Modifying mt5 to get my blog set up (first one ever!) and after seeing some various things around the web, I want to get them into my blog.
I need some feedback on these things..

First was code.
Using syntaxhighlighter, it works ok, just wish it stood out more, any ideas? indent it more with left margin? Border around it? I don't want it to draw attention away but to be easily seen when looking for copy paste.

Second is the info/warning divs. I want information to stand out on those, but not as big as say the headings. Started with a border, now using bg image with padding to move text over. After 3 lines it has issues of course =p but won't ever need that long i believe. It seems bland, need some sort of background color to the icon too? Or color the text?
Here is the origin of that idea, but obviously too ugly https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo

Third is the headers. I don't want to get too large, and still want the title of the document to stand different than the h2 I use for different sections like the mysql/apache, but want the sections to stand out. Using cufon to implement myriad pro semibold.. should the headings indent(can't move left..) or underline, have a trailing image.. something..

Fourth is paths. Not really code, but want it to stand out.. bold it? highlight it? new line? Often I will be referencing a /var/log/teamspeak or such and want it to stand out a tad.

http://dyfrin.com/me
Thanks for any input =)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post