insert music using HTML / Flash better ?

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I'm just asking for some advice if I were to insert some background song/music/audio into one of my sites, What is the best way to do it?

1.HTML
2.Flash
3.Javascript

What I mean by best is actually, least interruption when loading the page. Thanks in advance :lol:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't put any music at all. You can traffic that way. I listen to music all the time over the net and if I go to a site with background music, it conflicts with my music, so I leave the site right away.

Not only that, there is no way that you can pick music that all viewers will appreciate.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would use Flash, have it streaming and let the user choose to play it or not.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree w/digital on the method, but definitely make an option obvious for how to stop the music if you do choose to add it to your site
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
I wouldn't put any music at all. You can traffic that way. I listen to music all the time over the net and if I go to a site with background music, it conflicts with my music, so I leave the site right away.

Not only that, there is no way that you can pick music that all viewers will appreciate.

:| I agree but still it's nice I thought to have some bg music. I got to this website last week, and it's embedded with music, I'm not sure what he uses. So I modified my personal website. He's like a singer(not famous). Basically, my personal website doesn't promote anything. It has some of my pictures and I'm going to include a link that is going to open a new browser when the user clicks, it will display about my service or products. What products, not really sure yet although I have some in mind. I'm also developing a logo for my retail website. It's tough cuz I'm new at photoshop. Do you always have your music on?, Don. What do you use to play the music in your computer? Windows Media Player ? (juz curious) Thank you. :)

digitalMedia wrote:
I would use Flash, have it streaming and let the user choose to play it or not.

Thank you very much, DM. I can take your word and be not indefinitely use a Flash. Currently, I have a mp3 embedded by using HTML. It seems very slow and doean't look special. I'm going to change it.

AnarchY SI wrote:
i agree w/digital on the method, but definitely make an option obvious for how to stop the music if you do choose to add it to your site

Hmm, obvious to stop the player. And as DM said, let user choose to play or not... Yeah. O.k, That's awesome advice. My current mp3 plays automatically :mrgreen: . Gonna change it.
Thanks man.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Anarchy, we're on the same course, except that we live far apart I guess..

You're taking Information system? awesome. Same here, I'm in sem. 2 starting neext monday. I'm looking forward.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L: I have my sound card in my PC connected to a Carver Preamp, Amp and custom built speakers. The cable cost me $10 to make the connection. I use my LiteOn DVD/CD RW to play CDs and I listen to various non commercial radio stations over the net using Wimamp. The system rocks.

That's why I don't want to go to any sites that have music, even if I can stop the music. The only way I would do that is if I made an index page that had Enter With Intro and Enter Without Intro. That way the user can decide before some stupid song that I don't want to hear starts.

What song were you going to use?
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have PM you, Don.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
Hey Anarchy, we're on the same course, except that we live far apart I guess..

You're taking Information system? awesome. Same here, I'm in sem. 2 starting neext monday. I'm looking forward.

hahah yea..we definitely have quite the amount of space between us.
thats awesome tho, keep plugging away at it 8-)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts