Interesting facts collected from site users

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you go to: http://www.reinvigorate.net/system/ and have a look on the right hand side of the page there are some interesting figures on who is using the Internet, what browser & resolution they use and what platforms they are on. It's actually quite interesting.
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats pretty interesting Musik. I think im going to visit that site often... and holy crap! 30 HITS PER SECOND TO THAT SITE? THAT IS A SH!TLOAD OF TRAFFIC
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not sure whether those stats are collective of all the stats collected from users with accounts on the site or whether its just for that specific site, in any case its reflective of the stats my sites produce. Most users are using Microsoft IE on a 1024x768 resolution. On a Windows platform.
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

The 30 hits/second is the collective/cumulative stats for all sites -- but still, their servers have to process those hits each time...!
  • Alan2
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

oooh it's slowed off, 29.12 hits per second. ;)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is a very handy program - I installed the code on our work site I showed my boss the results yesterday and he has asked me to monitor it monthly by those results.

It's handy to see where people are reffered to and those places we have overlooked and will be for sure putting more effort into our products placed on those referring sites.

The live traffic monitor is also pretty cool :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik -- I completely like that little proggie, but I'm curious....every webhost I've ever used provides similar stats (maybe I lucked out and found the right hosts). You may find they have similar, the same, or better stats available...you should check with them. For example, most all my clients are hosted at the same place I am. It uses WebTrends, and that provides everything I could ever need.

P.S. to new or wannabe webmasters. Don't assume "hits" are the all-important thing.

Your unique visits are the ones that count. As best I understand it, and someone correct me if I'm wrong -- but your hits include any and every file that is viewed via your domain. In other words, if you have graphics storage hotlinked to other sites, they count as hits. If 1 of your web pages has 1 CSS file, 1 JS file and 17 Graphics...that counts as 20 hits (including the page itself).

Unique visits is a better measure.

Repeat visitors is even better.

And do take some serious time to analyze any search engine results, especially keywords, because that will tell you what people were looking for when they arrived at your site. If you are not marketing to what your viewers are looking for, you're missing the boat.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep i only go by unique visitors.

the server we are on provides zilch other than hosting lol

i am going to get around to doing the meta tags next week, i am going to read every post in the related posts and get as much info as possible, i want us to be the first thing that comes up when someone types "showers" lol - a long shot but ya never know :wink:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Trick is get yourself linked elsewhere. (I know all this belongs in the search engine stuff) Somebody move it, please!
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

its no probs we are not that off topic lol ill post in the meta tag thread later *grin*

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts