My jpeg's and gif's wont load.

• Gothic
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gothic
  • Loc: Illinois

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know what's wrong. I could've swore I did it right. I'm making my site somewhat from scratch(using notepad and ftp). My jpeg's will load when I view them straight from the hard drive, but they won't load on the actual site. This is the first time I've ever made a site like this. Other times i used yahoo and that crap. I would appreciate any help what-so-ever. Thank you.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sure it has to do with the paths that you are using to the images. Can you post a portion of the code where it shows how you are linking to the images?

//btw -- I removed the duplicate post in the general board. THis is the best forum for your question.
  • Gothic
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gothic

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was wondering what happened to that post. lol umm I dont really know what you mean by the path I'm using. I'm still a little new to the whole thing. I just started using actual HTML for a website yesterday.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Basically your code tells the browser where to look for the images. When you wrote the code, your script is probably telling it to search for a path to the image on your hard drive. But when you upload it, the image path won't be the same as what's on the hard drive. If you post a bit of the code I can tell you for sure.

You can also do a quick Google search for Absolute and Relative paths. THere's quite a few tutorials out there that will help you understand it better.
  • Gothic
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gothic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks anyway, but my mom and step-dad walked in and told me what i did wrong. I've never used ftp and didnt know that I had to upload them to my webspace. I appreciate it though. :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad you got it solved!
Cheers

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts