Keyword Meta Tags on Dynamic Pages

• efernie
  • Born
  • Born
  • efernie

Post 3+ Months Ago

How important is it to have different meta keywords on php pages that have dynamic content? Should I even worry about this? does is make a difference? Should I try and make them dynamic as well to display whets in the database as well, and is it will it be worth my effort?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd actually omit the element completely and let the content speak for itself before I went out of my way to include dynamic elements.

There's usually something already being used in a dynamicly generated page that you can derive dynamic sets of keywords from though. For instance the page title, first paragraph, a navigation "bread crumb trail".
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

With Ozzu that is what is done here. The description and keyword meta tags are generated from the content already on the page. If we didn't do that we would completely leave them out because there is no point in having the same keyword and description meta tags on everypage of your website since much of the content wouldn't match then.
  • vipin-sham
  • Born
  • Born
  • vipin-sham
  • Loc: Delhi, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I accept the above comments, but keeping the same meta keywords also results in page spamming, as I have gone through this case, somebody gave me a website with same meta keywords in all pages, and I used to get those pages as supplemented and only one page i.e. index page was not supplemented. As far as dynamic pages are concerned if they are coming through the same page with different ID then its for sure this will have the same meta details. But still u cant do nyhting there in.
  • meganisla
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • meganisla

Post 3+ Months Ago

Depends on the structure of the website. If it is CMS then you need to put Title, Description on each page. Also be detailed in your site map.
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you do optimize the same keyword on more than one page it is important to keep at least 40% of the duplicate page different. Otherwise, the search engines may consider it spam.

This link may be useful: http://www.techtipstation.com/php-templ ... s-for-seo/
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hafsoh wrote:
if you do optimize the same keyword on more than one page it is important to keep at least 40% of the duplicate page different. Otherwise, the search engines may consider it spam.

This link may be useful: http://www.techtipstation.com/php-templ ... s-for-seo/

That would require him to create a separate page for every content and not making the page dynamic. Using that way, all he is doing is saving himself from retyping the first half of the code repeatedly.

Not different from what I suggested here
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try this...

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/5172.html
  • carazoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe if possible every page should have unique title, description, keywords and content.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

carazoo wrote:
I believe if possible every page should have unique title, description, keywords and content.

I'm sure that that's what we all have agreed on.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The matter is Title tag should be unique and relevant to the web page. It's should be all about what the page describes basically.
  • jbladeus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jbladeus

Post 3+ Months Ago

Shouldn't waste too much time on meta keywords as they're not considered by reputable engines in their SERP computations.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Example page: http://develobert.blogspot.com/2008/11/php-robot-check.html

Example query: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=php+check

#3 out of 155 million results.
Attachments:
checker.png

Doesn't have a keyword or description meta element.
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

2nd result after the pesky wikipedia:

Like joebert, no metas at all, pages dynamically generated.

Relevant title, breadcrumb, article heading, and decent content all provide the necessary information a search engine needs. Personally, I wouldn't worry about not having them - whatever influence they have, if any, is too subtle to even notice (at least on Google).
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I heard somewhere that search engines ignore the meta tags altogether... I may have being misinformed though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts