Layers and Scrollers

• AMP Media
  • AMP Media
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi I am building a site and the guy does'nt want frames but wants the top navigation to stay in view when the page is scrolled. So inevitebly I have put the page content in a layer, leaving the nav on left and top etc........

I have a new scroller for the layer that is fixed in height and have the original scroller. Basically I want to change the scroller for the layer into images (i.e, arrows) and if possible completely remove the main scroller from the right..

Any help, Ideas or Instructions :?: :!: :?:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as completely removing the main scroller from the right I think the only way to do that is to open the site up in a new window with javascript for which you have disabled the scroll bar. I am not sure how you could rid yourself of that scrollbar otherwise. Even if you page is not long enough to use a scrollbar, it is still normally there just shaded grey (or another color). I think you want that totally gone too if I am understanding correctly. Anyway many sites will load a main page which just simply has words like "Launch website" for which it will then popup a window with the exact features you want, like no scroll bar. Code to do that would be as follows:

Code: [ Select ]
<a href="#" onclick="window.open('http://www.yoursite.com/launch.html','LaunchWindow', 'toolbar=yes,location=yes,status=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes');">Launch Website</a>

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts