Legal stuff

• lestermagic.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lestermagic.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

How can I make sure that my site design and the content on the site isnt stolen?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

About the only thing you can do is keep your eyes open for rips & take action when you have been ripped.
If people can see it they can steal it.
  • lestermagic.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lestermagic.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe my question should be, what is the cheapest process that would result in my owning my own material. If some one steals something and I want to say "hey thats mine" how do i prove it.
  • richard
  • richard

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you dont want it stolen dont put it on the web!
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

What if he used server side includes via PHP, and the includes come from a password protected area of his site?

...so the page loads and when you look at the source code it is a bunch of includes, which are not readable on their own?

Is that possible?
  • mhammadd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mhammadd

Post 3+ Months Ago

that won't be possible, because if he calls the includes from a password protected page, then the visitors would get an authorization error or a password input and if the don't know it nothing will be shown on the page.

there are some code scramblers out there, but i advice that you don't worry about that and just forget about your materials, because its very difficult to protect them from others and if we all did that, the web would not be worth anything...
  • Tyler Durden

Post 3+ Months Ago

with some providers, they give you a section of the statistics that tells you oif other sites are linking off you. handy tool. but as far as them copying and then uping to there own site, you cant do much. people say you can disable right click, but theres so many ways to steal stuff.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you wanna find if someone is copying your stuff copy and paste a 10 word phrase, in quotes, into google. Make it something distinctive, that would clearly come from your site. Check for results other than your page.

For protecting you've got copyright, and getting copyright is easy. Proving you own the rights is another matter. Generally costs money to secure action against any future violations.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

lestermagic.com wrote:
Maybe my question should be, what is the cheapest process that would result in my owning my own material. If some one steals something and I want to say "hey thats mine" how do i prove it.

The cheapest surefire way is as rtm mentions by registering your copyrights (saves money in the long run)
As for how to do this.. I don't know, I'd search google for "register" "copyright"
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

in oz, copyright is automatically given to the author, you dont have to pay or anything... just mention on your work that its copyrighted to you and make sure you can prove you created it if you need to take action. usually you would issue a warning to take action with a letter from your "lawyer" then see where that leads ;-)

it can get quite complex, in dealing with clients etc and i could go on it for ages (i wont) but if you need any more infor let me know.

other wise like the others have said, if people can see it they can rip it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts