Link checker tool

• _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

After reading some forums in order to know where my post would fit better. I end up posting it here, since I think link checking may be a general website design issue.

I have started a project, couple of months ago, to develope a website link checking tool for windows. It's a free open source software tool. If you want to learn more about open source you can visit www.opensource.org

The 2.12 version of DRKSpider is released and working. DRKSpider will navigate a web site from a given URL, checking internal (and external) links, style sheets, images and other files. Broken links will be reported and the site map displayed in a tree control.

Direct download: http://www.drk.com.ar/spider/DRKSpider_setup.exe

Visit DRKSpider home page for a more detailed description.

Any feedback, suggestion or bug report will be appreciated. You can reach a feedback form from the home page.

Thanks in advance,
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm leaving this, because it is by all appearances open source, and if it works as you indicate would be a handy resource for designers. I'd be curious to check this out myself, and would be happy to provide feedback. Normally, we would remove a post like this as spam. I defer to the opinions of the other mods. In the meantime, good luck with your project.
  • _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks.

I hope you like this tool. The sources files are available at the home page for anyone who want to check it. The open source software is WARRANTY of no adware software. DRKSpider is available free of charge for individuals as well as for commercial use.

I post messages like it in related forums in order to promote the use of my tool, because sites like download.com (may be de ideal site for posting this tool) charges me for publishing it. Since I got no money for my development, I can't spend money in its promotion.

Thanks again,
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand. No prob. (It sorta is spam...but at least it's a beneficial one, which is why I didn't delete it from the getgo - so don't be too surprised if a superior mod or Bigwebmaster sees this and nixes it.) Again, Good luck -- I love to see people doing open source stuff.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am going to lock this post to prevent further discusion on this. Technically we would call this spam, but I'm inclined to like where you are going. Again don't be surprised if this post disapears. I've put it to the mods to decide.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts