Links on how to make your own template

• whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i really need to make my own template but i have no idea how to. i kinda searched google but without luck. so if anyone can post how to or send me links or wat.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• tyghtwad
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

best way you can learn is by downloading one of the free HTML templates out there and practice with that :D
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

just make a website with no content :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just to clarify Whatlikesit, you are talking about website templates & not somthing such as forum templates right ?
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya website not phpbb/invision board templates. just website
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

so pick a topic, like real estate, or music, and make a website that fits the theme :D
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'll try but im looking on how to make them. i think i will just end up getting a friend to make me one because he is really good at making them
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

what do you mean? a template is a website with no content. if you can make a website, you can make a template.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i want help on how to make one. i will add the content later. i just want to learn how to make one. because right now i use pre-made templates
  • NoamDesign
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NoamDesign
  • Loc: Israel

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can learn very easily HTML... thats an easy language but it is good only for layout...

you will have to learn PHP or ASP to be able to actually do something intresting with options like login
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would use plain Notepad, or (if you have) Dreamweaver, ForntPage or GoLive...

There is nothing difficult about making a template. Start making cells, rows until you get a table that would cover the entire page, and until you like it.

While making the table, think of the things you will put inside later on: Navigation Bar, Header, Footer, Links, Email, Main Content, Pictures, etc, etc, etc... It's like an architect thinking: "here goes the kitchen, this is the bathroom, the bedroom, and so on...

Once you like the table give background color to the cells, thinking of the content coming up later... Then decide the font size, face and color for the cells as well. Think of how much cellpadding and cellspacing you want to give the cells, and the alignment...

After that... Get a beer and hit SAVE...!!! :)
  • NoamDesign
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NoamDesign
  • Loc: Israel

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all sketch it down on a piece of paper... after know wt you want it to look like... achieve it! by asking us how to do this and that :D
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gah! Use CSS for the layout. Tables are a mess, and then browsers act differently and get confused when they get complicated, and besides, they're against my religion, which you should agree with :)

As others say, and as I enjoy repeating, if you don't know how to make a "template," then you don't know HTML. Which means you need to learn HTML. Which, if you're interested in doing things elegantly, is not for making "templates." CSS is for making templates and anything else related to design, pretty much. Which is easy to learn. Yay!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts