Loading bar

• Sqnik
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Poland Warsaw

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'm creating a site which has a lot of graphic. it has rather big menu and I want to make a loading bar - i'm not sure if this is the appropriate name . i have a start page which is small and after this a would like to have something which will show users loading progress, but I don't konw anything about flash. what do you suggest?? is it hard to make such a progres bar in flash??

thanks[/fade]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found 40 results with an Ozzu search for preloader so rather than try to pick and choose for you I say,

Type preloader in an Ozzu search :D
  • smith_zach89
  • Student
  • Student
  • smith_zach89
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the bottom of Explorer (and I believe Netscape) there is a loading bar. That would probably be a better, and easier way to inform the user the page is loading. I've seen the text fly in in that bar, but am not sure of the proper name, nor coding to apply it.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are several ways to do what you're asking. It can be with javascript, flash, java applet, and probably some others. Javascript would be the free way to do it, but I would prefer Flash personally.

Either will take a little effort unless you use an existing file/example from a script archive, or something.
  • smith_zach89
  • Student
  • Student
  • smith_zach89
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does that include what I was referring to at the bottom of most browsers? I'm curious to know the proper term so I can locate the code to do so.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you're referring to the browser's status bar, no.

The things I'm talking about are graphic indicators put into the content area of the web page to show the user that some activity is occurring.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts