Logo Play

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I am playing with the idea of redoing my freelance company logo. So far I am just playing with this symbol. You can use the column system (like I like B3, or D2 looks like you smeared poo on a page what were you thinking.... that kind of thing). Thoughts?

• mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like F4. It's kind of subtle and minimalist. :mrgreen:

Or maybe C1.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definitely incorporate the orange. Keeps with the 'trend'. I like E2 and D3, and esp. E3.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah E3 was my fav as well.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

orange is a good bright and bold accent, but I feel it's overused in B3.

I like the background accents so A1 and C2 wouldn't be my first choice.

Speaking in terms of the background, most have too much focus on the "h" and don't give enough focus on the p. The reason I say it's more important to focus on the p is because unless I knew your company name, I wouldn't know it was a p; it either looks like a q or simply a dramatization of the h. So I wouldn't choose A2, B2, D2, E1, E2, F1, or F2.

We are left with:
B1, C1, D1, A3, C3, D3, E3

I prefer the two rounded corners over the one or none. You have a small amount of sharp turns in your logo, so it ties in well with having 2 rounded corners. This would leave out B1, C1, and D1.

We are left with:
A3, C3, D3, E3

I fail to see the difference between A3, C3, and D3. But in any case, these three are lacking enough bold color to be memorable for me.

I would choose E3, but incorporate the orange line alongside the h in the background of E1 - B2, D2 - A3, C3 - D3. This line in the background "h" will help it stand out and give it more depth.

Hope this helped
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like E3... and I got a little suggestion on it you could try to do and see if you like it.

Make that little 'uh' like symbol orange there...
  • sbronson
  • Student
  • Student
  • sbronson
  • Loc: Arkansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like D2 simple with a touch of color.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there a reason for such an extreme deviation from your previous logo? Typically I find that an evolution is less of a detriment to business goals. So I think you should try to find ways to incorporate a lot more of the feeling in the old version instead of just the colors.

The previous logo has a strong use of negative space to create the image and a slight tilt that implies active/energetic. Are there some ways you can bring those together?
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm a lot of the feedback I have been getting has been telling me to stay with my current or some rendition of it. Guess I will have to try something new yet similar. More to follow stand by. More feedback is welcome and thanks to everyone for giving me all the great feedback so far.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

another option. thoughts?

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

much better, communicates the name of the company, looks like a button, good colors. Simple. I like it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the second one... looks really good.
  • normi
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: cabadbaran

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey what is the best web slicer tool like adobe image ready which of adobe product is best.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

normi wrote:
hey what is the best web slicer tool like adobe image ready which of adobe product is best.

What on god's green earth does that have to do with this conversation?
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

None of his posts seem to be quite right.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink wrote:
another option. thoughts?

I'm OK with the second one, but I don't really like any of them. I think it's not so much the design but the colors.

I mean I looked at your site and see the existing logo, and I don't like it. I do like the WordCamp logo though.

I think even if I said I liked that example above it just looks like clip art. Nothing really striking.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess the reason this post means something to me is that it's really hard to create a logo. It needs to be simple, but striking. Something people will remember and recognize time and time again. I'm actually facing the same problem. My sales department wants a redesign of our company logo. At first I didn't like any of the ideas, but then they sent me something I could work with. They keep wanting to make it fancy and I just want to K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid).

Yours is simple enough. I like your more creative ideas in your first post better than the latter.
Some suggestions for logo design
http://logoworld.wordpress.com/2008/08/ ... go-design/

This is one I really like
http://www.allgraphicdesign.com/graphic ... senheimer/

Not to hijack this post, but as I said I'm in a similar pickle. Here is what we had as our logo.
Attachments:
alaron.jpg

On the lines of more environmentally green I made this based on an idea from one of our sales guys.
Attachments:
logo7a.png

I like parts of that and I don't like parts of that. And we've been arguing back and forth on alternatives.

What I like about your ideas are the simplicity. Logos HAVE to be simple. They have to work with a variety of media, and they have to be scalable, which means you really should do them in vectors in programs like Illustrator.

One that that came to mind is your "push-here". Instead of making the button separate from the text, have you considered placing the word "here" on the button immage you want and then do "Push - {new button image with the word here}
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the idea of the word "Push" looking like it's pushing the word "Here" to the right. "Push here", here is being pushed.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO, I'm not ignoring your post just still chewing on it, hope to get back to you on it soon. And the wordpress logo is a beaut I agree, jason santa maria is a kick ass logo designer.

Joebert, I played a little with that in the early logos a couple of years back. I think to some degree I need to get a more solid definition of what I want the logo to say and do for and about the company and then try to design to that means. It always seems that I am the hardest client to please, so maybe I should run myself through the same process I put my clients through.

Technoblue, I really hope you copied and pasted that so you didn't waste as much time typing it as I wasted reading it.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Didn't forget, here is another idea I came up with. Thoughts.

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

new edition, with some other changes

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe the last one. Maybe...

or

• aja72
  • aja72

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is different between F1 & E1 it looks similar.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it was the darkness of the dark gray I don't really remember.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts