e-mail to pass hotmail spam filter

• Inito
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a website that is in the making, people need to register, and later confirm their registration.
Firstly I was busy researching why I had not received any e-mail while testing the system out, later on i found out it was in my "Unwanted mail" box of my hotmail account, together with the PayPal confirmation mail, while i already angrily emailed paypal for not getting the mail (i needed to transfer money quickly that day).

Anyways, I'm wondering why my email (and emails such as paypals) get to the unwanted mail box, while some real spam and unaddressed advertisement does get through the Spam filter.

The e-mail is sent under the name of 'do-not-reply@mysite.com' and the email message contains nothing but normal words.

Anyone having tips on letting this one pass, i wouldnt want to receive mails of people that are angry for not getting the confirmation mail. I could warn them to check their unwanted box, but my original question on how to get through the spam filter would be a much better solution.

You can also PM me, if you dont want any techniques be spread to wrong hands.

Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think if there was a way to by pass that, the spammers would already be using it
  • Inito
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

jlknauff wrote:
I think if there was a way to by pass that, the spammers would already be using it

like i said:

Quote:
while some real spam and unaddressed advertisement does get through the Spam filter.

they are.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

here's one idea... dont use hotmail :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

How many times does it need to be said? -- OZZU does not support discussion of circumventing security measures.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

After a PM from Inito, I've reconsidered this and am unlocking it for now. I don't think there's much of an answer to it, but I'll open it back up for conversation as long as it doesn't cross the line.
  • Inito
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to Atno for his understanding, i share his opinion considdering the answers however i thought i could give it a try.

On-topic:
What ive noticed it doesnt matter what kind of mail you send, may you be using your buddy's address with a message such as "whens the next soccer match?", it ends up in the unwanted box.

Conclusion: its not about the content, header, nor the sender.
For instance, if you know Clanbase(.com), when you register there, youll receive an email with a confirm link, in your INbox, while this is an automatically generated email aswell.

and concerning musik's smartass comment, its not up to me to use hotmail or not, its for the users. :wink:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Inito wrote:
and concerning musik's smartass comment, its not up to me to use hotmail or not, its for the users. :wink:

oi i was just kidding! :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts