Make websites to be sold?

• Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm, i was wondering the other night if there is money to be made by making websites and then selling them?. i mean flash websites.

i was wondering because i spend most of my time on computer and keep making different designs in flash, is there any way that u can make money from it, well i mean for me to make money from it?

considering that i have not been using flash for very long, and how much would a fully prepared website go for?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

that sounds like you are building a house before you have anyone to live in it. I know it happens, but I really don't see the gamble in it. I'd see if you know anyone who needs a flash page, then make it.

If your flash designs are good and have potential, they could go for a few hundred I would imagine.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was just curious, because i know that people sell the designs
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would make more sense if you first browse the web and find websites that could really benefit from an overhaul. Then, you could design two or three pages to demonstrate what you would do to that site, and then simply send them an email with a link to your proposal and ask if they would like to have it. Hopefully, if you did a good job, then you can start negotiating a price.

There is a risk involved, of course, that they really don't want it. But you might then be able to ask other owners of sites of a similar nature and slightly modify your designs. You may even find a niche market.

Bear in mind that professional website development cost anything between 1000-10000's, depending on the scale of course, so asking for a few hundred or so if you've got good stuff should get you somewhere.

Just remember, nobody's going to pay you for something in which they can't see a benefit, so make it clear how they will benefit from your design.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks alot, good reply
  • eyelfixit
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canada eh!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also be aware that this is allready beeing done in mass quantity so yeah, try and find a prospective owner before hand, with the old designs just put them ni a portfolio to display your skillz.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

my advice is to have a gander at your local newspaper and the companies that are listed who have a medium sized advertisment, and no website mentioned. Come up with a price for a website say 3-5 pages in total and give em a call :)
Point out all the advantages of having a website - available 24 hours etc etc
I wouldnt make anything though - waste of time, find your customers, make them a mock up site - get their suggestions for changes etc then complete the work, much less headache than any other way, thats what I do anyways :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts