Making a menu inside a table overlap another table

• capetek
  • capetek
  • Loc: Massachusetts,USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,

Im wondering if i can get a bit of help on this problem im having.What im trying to do is get rid of all my randomly placed buttons and condense it into one pull down menu. Im using a java pull down menu but i cant get it to the top layer. does anyone know a java script or something that can put this on the top level right now it works but you cant see it becuase its behind my content.

If someone knows a solution please let me know even if it means another pull down menu script

here is the test page
http://www.cape-tek.com/index3.php

here is what its suppose to look like
http://www.cape-tek.com/test.htm

thanks in advance :-)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not sure why this is happening, but I have an idea that may solve the problem. Could you absolute position that menu? I think then it might come out on top. I think the reason why it is not showing up is that the table is not large enough and the pulldown is getting chopped off within the table.

I love the design of your site btw.
  • capetek
  • capetek

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes i tried to absolute it and it didnt work :-(. oh well i don think its going to work im currently looking into intergrating a flash menu with my banner.
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your problem with the menu not being on the top layer might be that it's trying to go atop Flash, and perhaps the Flash is pulling itself to the front no matter what. I am only guessing. Plugins are weird.

As for the Flash menu, why have such at all? It will only manage to break navigation entirely for visitors who lack the technology, and its aesthetic purpose can be acheived identically with a javascript rollover, keeping navigation intact for visitors regardless of their computer.
  • capetek
  • capetek

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i dont think the flash below it is interfering becuase if you use a page like this http://www.cape-tek.com/index3.php?p=blablah then theres no flash. and i already took of all the flash and tried it and got the same results.

I totaly see your point with the flash menu and i didnt think about that. I will try to resolve this java problem im having. any other ideas?

thanks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts