Mobile / Web Crossover issues

• davemanjra
  • Born
  • Born
  • davemanjra

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All,

I was hoping for some help in finding some Beta participants out there who would be interested in trying out our new service. We have just launched in Beta mode. Its free to use and there will continue to be a free version after the beta phase has concluded.

The website to support the service is: http://www.handsetdetection.com/

We hope that this will represent one of the first steps in solving the mobile and web crossover issues which website owners and developers face when people view the site from any device other than a normal computer (I-phone / mobile phone / PDA etc).

Once connected to our service, when someone visits your site, a request is sent to us, and we return a result back to you on a live basis with details of the device, screen size, GEOIP, make, model and many other fields of information.

From that point, you can do one of two things:

1. Depending on the result returned, you can then display an appropriate view for the consumer i.e. A website that will fit their device’s screen size and UI which is controlled by the way in which they are browsing (i-phones suit touch screen menus, N95’s suit joystick controls and so on...)

2. If option 1 is too much of a first leap, after you add the code into your website, you can just login to our online reporting system and view your traffic results based on device make, model, country, city etc... This would be a great first step in understanding whether you are getting traffic to your site from non traditional browsing devices.

As I mentioned, we are in Beta stage, so we would value your feedback on this.

Hope you get a chance to check it out. Also, if you know of anyone else who may be interested in participating in this Beta stage, I would be grateful if you could pass this message on...

Regards,

David Manjra

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post