Ad money

• Tazel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tazel

Post 3+ Months Ago

How much money can you get from hosting ads on your site? I'm wondering if I put ads on my site, whether or not I'll get enough money to pay off like my site bills?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• the_Maven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_Maven

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey

how much money you get is based on how many people actually click on the links. i think the common consensus is that people hate banner ads and as a result they rarely click on them. also, depending on the ad, it could 'make your site look ugly'. If you ask me, i wouldn't go that route. but it's your choice.

- The Maven
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends on the ad. Some pay like a fraction of a cent a click. Some only pay you a commission if the user purchases something after the referal.

Of course how much money you make also depends on the traffic to your website.

You would probably have to have a high amount of traffic to actually pay for your hosting service.
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some advertisements pay per impresstion -- meaning that you get paid for people just seeing the ads. However, pay-per-impression banner ads usually pay very little -- about $0.00015 per impression (That's no under-exaggeration) There's no way your're going to get rich tat way!
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow, you would need 66,334 Hits (or is it unique?) a month to pay for a basic $9.95 a month service.
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vladdrac wrote:
wow, you would need 66,334 Hits (or is it unique?) a month to pay for a basic $9.95 a month service.

The ad server I (used to) use gave me $0.00015 per non-unique impression... but they never pay you until your account reaches $50+ and I'm NEVER going to reach that!!
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The highest paying ad server I've found on the net is http://www.popinads.com But still, you have to have a high-traffic site to make any money.
  • jokechallenge
  • Born
  • Born
  • jokechallenge

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have ads from fastclick on my humor site. My banner ads have been making about $0.50 cpm (1000 impressions) and $0.37 for skyscrapers. The ads are targeted too so a site about sports, cooking or something more profitable than humor would make more money.
  • f1world
  • Born
  • Born
  • f1world

Post 3+ Months Ago

This depends of course of the number of users that visit your site. And if the Ad's you show are relevant to the topic of the page. Then you get a bigger CTR(Click trough rate)... and more money 8)

The advertiser I use right now is paying me 60% share of the total income, for clicks, not for impressions.
They also offer 3 kinds of payment (this is also important)
- cheque
- paypal
- wire transfer

If your site has many hits, you can earn good moeny from this.

Bye,
F1World
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

On one of our websites which has about 1500 hits a day - Adsense makes average US$100 a month.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts