Mozilla based browsers

• allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there a difference between Netscape, Mozilla, or Firefox? It seems (at least to the naked eye) that they all render pages the same way (I prefer the Firefox gui personally, but from a webpage display aspect, it acts just like netscape). Do i need to test pages in all three, or is it sufficient to simply use one to handle the "mozilla" browsers, plus IE and Opera?

Mark
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mark -- I think this is an excellent question, but given what I have seen you post in the last couple weeks I think you can, and I think you could figure this one out on your own.
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Mark -- I think this is an excellent question, but given what I have seen you post in the last couple weeks I think you can, and I think you could figure this one out on your own.

:?: I'm not sure if that's a compliment or a polite way of telling me it was a silly question :oops:

Somehow I feel a bit like when I was a kid, when I would do something I wasn't supposed to do. Instead of getting upset and punishing me, my dad would just look at me and say in a calm voice, "I'm just very dissapointed in you. I expect better." That's almost worse than taking the butt whupping :lol:

Mark
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I certainly didn't intend to make you feel bad about asking the question. It was intended as the compliment you seem to have taken it as. It wasn't a silly question - just one that I think you could answer for yourself.

But for the benefit of others who may have the same question: I'm not 100% sure of all the differences between the mozilla flavors - I just choose to test things in all three.
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I certainly didn't intend to make you feel bad about asking the question. It was intended as the compliment you seem to have taken it as. It wasn't a silly question - just one that I think you could answer for yourself.

But for the benefit of others who may have the same question: I'm not 100% sure of all the differences between the mozilla flavors - I just choose to test things in all three.

i didn't think you meant anything bad by it. I was just ribbing you a little bit.

Mark
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

For anyone curious, here's your answer!

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum21/6675.htm

Mark

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts