Multisite ecommerce

• kitcorsa
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kitcorsa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im looking to create a new website for myself to sell online. The product range I have is very extensive and varied, ie from dog food to womens fascial cleansers (ps dont get them mixed up lol)

What im looking to do is create a website for each product range, ie a pet site and a beauty site, with each site haivng its own domain.

each site will then be connected to one bank account user a trading name via sagepay or paypal (as i know how to do this and know then can accept from multiple domians)

the parts im struggling with is that I would like all the site to be controlled from one central back end ie one login screen and one order screen for all the websites.

Is this possible??

If so couple people point me in the direction of the ecommerse software that would do this, ie zen-cart, os commerse, wordpress ecommerce, magento etc

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do believe Magento has the capabilities to do this as you can create numerous stores with an install. The additional stores are usually setup by placing a few additional files in a sub directory, typically the index.php and maybe a few others, and some of the values changed in index.php. You would then setup your hosting account to load the domains off of any of those given sub directories.
  • leonpot
  • leonpot

Post 3+ Months Ago

kitcorsa wrote:
Im looking to create a new website for myself to sell online. The product range I have is very extensive and varied, ie from dog food to womens fascial cleansers (ps dont get them mixed up lol)

What im looking to do is create a website for each product range, ie a pet site and a beauty site, with each site haivng its own domain.

each site will then be connected to one bank account user a trading name via sagepay or paypal (as i know how to do this and know then can accept from multiple domians)

the parts im struggling with is that I would like all the site to be controlled from one central back end ie one login screen and one order screen for all the websites.

Is this possible??

Thanks

It's also possible to multisite with different WordPress websites.. I've done it to make a game website connected with a webshop and with a blog system...
So you need the WordPress files one time on your server and you get 3 different WP_, WP2_,WP3_ databases. It's works like a charm... you could google for WordPress multisite and see how it works :) or just PM me:)
  • ozstylo
  • Born
  • Born
  • ozstylo

Post 3+ Months Ago

dude go for opencart i already owned a multistore on opencart platform woth up to 30 domains wordwide.
  • ozstylo
  • Born
  • Born
  • ozstylo

Post 3+ Months Ago

and its very easy and seo friendly

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts