I need help changing color scheme in my ozzu joomla template

• tdawg0689
  • Born
  • Born
  • tdawg0689

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm am not an expert of CSS or HTML although I am very computer inclined so if given specific instruction it would not take but a minute for me solve my problem.

Here is the problem...If you click on my link I have a company logo that is blue and If I can change the black search bar and the top menu red gradient bar to the same blue that is in the company logo it would help bring it all together. The issue is that I am not sure the best way to go about changing these files. I have access to the ftp and I'm creating this whole site in Joomla 1.5.

Here is the link to the template page from Ozzu where I purchased my joomla template ----> designs/joomla_templates/joomla_1.5/template_number/28037/

Above is the template in which I'm referring to and need to modify.
Thanks again for all your help it is greatly appreciated!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

In your theme folder for your template that you just installed you should be able to find this image:

images/tail_top_menu.gif

That is the image that creates the red gradient background you are seeing. What you would do is replace that image with a similar image you see there that has the blue color or blue gradient that you want.

As far as the black background where the search bar is, the image responsible for that is:

images/tail_content.gif

It is the lower part of this image where the black is.

You will notice that both of these images are very small in width, as they basically are setup to repeat over and over horizontally to create the full background you see. By doing it this way the images stay rather small and keep the site loading time fast.

So to change your template you need to modify these two images. Simply open them up and edit the colors to what you want them to be. Once you re-upload them to your website you should notice the changes. I hope that helps :)
  • tdawg0689
  • Born
  • Born
  • tdawg0689

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you so much for responding promptly! I'll try that now and let you know how it goes!
  • tdawg0689
  • Born
  • Born
  • tdawg0689

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now that I've successfully changed my color scheme. I now need to slightly change the mouseover highlight colors and underlying colors for topmenu button and mainmenu fonts? Where do I need to go in order to edit these colors?

I am also considering changing to the Header1 and Header2 font colors to match the blue in the logo that I am using can you direct me to where these can be changed?

Thanks again I appreciate all of your help!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

You will need to edit the template.css file for changing colors such as that. For example:

.row-top-menu ul.menu-nav li a:hover

Would have the colors for the "highlight" colors you are referring to in the top menu. If you go through the CSS file you should be able to edit many of the colors on the template :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts