Need Help With Dreamweaver

• Eboehm

Post 3+ Months Ago

I started with Dreamweaver CS5 and now have Dreamweaver MX2004 and none of the pages look the same....I have no idea what do can to do :hmm: Can any one help???????
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

What happened you backed down to MX2004? Maybe you took the trial of the latest one and that trial ran out..

It should, I think, be the same HTML and CSS surely. I expect only a change in how the different browsers render the page. This or the different resolution (screen size) shows the page.

This would be in the main Internet explorer and Firefox, but there are many browsers.

Show Ozzu the link please then DW users can help you more.

:mrgreen:

S
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are talking about how the html is actually rendered in DW, I wouldn't rely too much on the visual renderings of DW, I would assume that CS5 does a better job then MX at rendering the code properly but nothing does it as well as an actual browser (accompanied by browser labs).
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

CS5? That version of has not been released (or even formally announced that I'm aware of). Current version shipping with Adobe's Creative Suite 4 (CS4) is v10. CS3 = v9, MX04 = v8, MX = v7 etc.

To answer the OP are you saying your web pages designed in previous versions of DW don't look the same in your newer version's preview? If this is the case then CXLink is correct the built in preview is very faulty. The best idea is to open up your file in a browser just like anyone else will.

If your finding that the DW interface LOOKS DIFFERENT between versions, not much has really changed over the years. Some new languages are supported, there's better drag and drop building of some elements, better server support, etc but at its core DW regardless of the version is just a code editor and therefore what you can do with it is based more on your coding ability than the layout of the menus or listed features.
  • Eboehm

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is coophighschool.org
Suzie is right, MX2004 was provide to me by the school district and I was using a trial version CS4, not CS5 my bad. But when I open the template in MX2004 it looks nothing like the actual page the title bar with the scrolling, does not appear. I was wondering is there anything I can do to actually see whats there?
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok so what happened is you've DOWN GRADED going from version v10 to v8. There's a good chance you can't see things because the older version doesn't support the same preview capabilities as the newer ones. Anyway this goes for pretty much all development environments: Look at the site/page in a web browser. If it doesn't work there you have problems but don't worry as much about the editors preview.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
CS5? That version of has not been released

True. But they are talking already about CS5 and what their wish list is, different lol than it being out.

Poor Eboehm got it wrong but no matter help is needed.

Errors and warnings:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ne&group=0

Read Dreameaver how to:

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596006310/

Adobe Dreamweaver:

http://www.adobe.com/support/documentat ... ation.html

There should not be huge differencies between your MX2004 and the next which was Dreamweaver8.

You need to address the errors first before anything else. Ask questions here along the way.

S

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts