Need help with footer bar

• paul_l81
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • paul_l81

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone would know what the problem is with a footer bar that I have on the following page...

http://www.paul-lee.co.uk/guestbook/

With IE7 and FF3, the blue footer bar sits in the middle of the screen. But on IE6 it is fine!

I suspect its something to do with me using CSS floats on the footer, but on other pages it appears fine! I have tried using the CSS clear property and it doesnt make a difference.

This is the css of the footer bar:

#footerbox {
float:left;
clear: both;
width: 950px;
height: 15px;
background-color: #6699cc;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}

Any ideas?

Cheers.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing I'd suggest before we try and sort out this problem is for you to quickly fix the validation errors ... many a time fixing those errors will fix something that isn't working correctly ...
  • emedia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try by take out the line "float:left;"
  • HongKongPhooey
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's because you've restrained the content to 400px height. You either need to remove the height: 400px declarations, and allow the content to expand down the page, taking the footer with it, or restrain the guestbook content to 400px and only have a couple of guestbook entries per page.

#rightcontentpane & #leftcontentpane both have "height: 400px;" declared. Removing these allows the page to free-flow downwards.
  • paul_l81
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • paul_l81

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser,
42 errors! Wow... I used to have a link to the css validator on my old site... totally forgot about this useful tool! Cheers.

HongKongPhooey,
I read somewhere it could be to do with defining a height property. I totally neglected the left navigation bar! I was concentraining on the main content area of the page. I will take a look at this tonight and let you guys know. Thanks mate.
  • paul_l81
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • paul_l81

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser,
42 errors! Wow... I used to have a link to the css validator on my old site... totally forgot about this useful tool! Cheers.

HongKongPhooey,
I read somewhere it could be to do with defining a height property. I totally neglected the left navigation bar! I was concentraining on the main content area of the page. I will take a look at this tonight and let you guys know. Thanks mate.
  • paul_l81
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • paul_l81

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for that HongKongPhooey.

I removed the height entry from the main content div and kept it on my left nav bar div and it seems to have sorted it! :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts