Need help with making video uploads possible on my site

• kevalin
  • Born
  • Born
  • kevalin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi... Not sure this is the forum I should post this in, and I apologize in advance if it's the wrong one.

I'm in the process of setting up a site. It's a Wordpress site that will, ideally, feature video (or slideshows) that users can upload on a specific subject.

I would like to set it up so that people can use a submission form on my site that essentially allows them to privately log in to their YouTube account and upload a video submission to YouTube without ever leaving my site. The admin of my site, in turn, would be able to find these videos after being notified that the submission has been made, moderate them and then feature them on my site on a regular basis.

YouTube's Developer's API information indicates that this can be done... but my programming skills are butt-simple, at best, and the API stuff (yes, that's the technical term) requires rather more than that. From what I can tell, there may be a way to "hook" my site's form plugin (cforms) to the YouTube API, but have no clue of how to program it accordingly. Or if I'm even reading YouTube's information correctly, so that it can be done.

Any help, comments, or requests for clarification about what I want would be greatly appreciated. If this can't be done through WordPress, but can be done through a "regular" website, I'd like to know that, too... then I'd like some general information about how to do it. That is, can a rank amateur pull something like this together, or will it require hiring a geek? I'm not averse to paying to have the work done, but I'm not even sure what I would be asking for, technically speaking. Programming? If so, what kind? Web building and/or Design? Something strange and alien that I can't even imagine?

It's a pretty problem. It is causing despair.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry for the delayed reply, but thought an answer was better than none. I am unfamiliar with YouTube's API, but if their API does allow you upload videos remotely through anothe website then I see no reason why you couldn't do it through WordPress or a non WordPress website. The problem is that something like this would probably take some expertise as not only do you have to have an understanding of how YouTube's API works, but you also have to be familiar with how to make a WordPress plugin and then integrate it all together. You may find it easiest to hire someone to do this as there is not going to be any simple magic code I can tell you. Would likely require much work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts