Need help writing form input to new html page w/out database

• jackfusion
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jackfusion

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like it when a user enters infor into a form that some of the data be set to a table on another page and that page can be seen by the user. I do not want to sent up a web server to send the data to and get it back. Is there any code that will do that. Can any one please help me that would great thank you very much.

-----------------------------------------
ATNO/TW Modified your subject to better identify what you are asking for.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want it to be permanent, you NEED server side scripts/databases, but I think you might be able to do it with javascript, not sure how JS access the POST variables tho.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

B_heyer is correct. In order for it to be permanent, you will need a database. If you just want it to be temporary, it can be done with javascript, but the viewer will only see the results once.

I think that if you took a few moments and posted more detail about specifically what you are trying to accomplish you may get an answer that could work for you.
  • iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can also accomplish this with just CGI (for user only display) or CGI / PHP + flatfiles if you don't have DB access.
Why are you trying to avoid using a DB? It makes life soo much faster :)
  • jackfusion
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jackfusion

Post 3+ Months Ago

I live at home and cannot leave my computer running or i have to pay more money. where is a good place to learn cgi/php? I have also found an online mysql and I would like to know where a good place is to learn mysql.
  • iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, if using your computer is a problem (at least being online), you might want to just head over to amazon.com or to your local bookstore and take a look at what they have to offer as far as programming books on cgi / SQL / what ever else you are interested in. That way you can read about them, practice them a bit offline, and then use your online time to finalize what you have so far.
I personally read guides online, so I haven't purchased any books...so I'm at a loss as to what to suggest as far as titles and authors go. I'm sure someone else out there knows a few good ones to look at first..
  • jackfusion
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jackfusion

Post 3+ Months Ago

what are some online things that can help me with mysql?
  • Katushai
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

no idea about mysql, but from what ive heard, CGI Perl is the way to go. i suggest picking up the books CGI 101, CGI 201, Sam's Learn Perl in 24 hours, and Perl and CGI for the world wide web, by elizabeth castro. those are some VERY helpful books. start out on CGI 101 and move to CGI 201, then go to sams perl then use perl and cgi for the world wide web as a reference.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts