Need idea's for a photographer portfolio web site

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have seen there is a few people with camera's on the site so figured it would be a good place to start, i am making a web site for a friend of mine and she loves taking pictures. So building a web site for picture addict, now i am thinking that it just needs to be able to upload the pictures and have them display on the web site.

I would like to use joomla for this as i need to spend more time on it but i can make a custom job if there is some idea's for that too, but yea if anyone could help with some direction to go about this that would be great.

Zealous
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would suggest staying away from one of the larger platforms like Joomla. Joomla for example has a lot of built in features/modules that wouldn't get used, which would require a significant amount of modification to remove. In addition, the more modules and features available, the more security concerns there are.

I would suggest going to a prebuilt CMS designed specifically for this, or creating your own, ground up. There are several that are very easy to use(for the end user and the person posting the photo's), and are very stylish. I've posted a couple links to two different styles of gallery CMS's below. I also posted a link to a site that has quite a few others posted. If you don't mind spending a few bucks on one, this is a very good location, if your looking for strictly free, use these as examples and search google for similar free CMS's.

PhotoCMS
Click Here

GalleryJack
Click Here

Code Canyon
PHP: Click Here
JavaScript: Click Here
HTML5: Click Here
.NET: Click Here
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't mind paying for a license as long as it does the job right, working up a gift for a friend. But that looks like some nice info there.

PhotoCMS looks sexy as.....mmmmmmm code.......

Thanks for the post that looks great and not really expansive either.

:)
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got quite a bit of experience using PhotoCMS and GalleryJack as a framework so let me know if you've got any questions.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts