i need to make a website with drupal

• doooh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • doooh
  • Loc: Italy (Banana Republic)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
It's been a few months that I'm trying to develop a website. I started with basic HTML, CSS and Javascript knowledge and tried to make it with Dreamweaver CS4.
Then I asked on this forum and I learned that it was probably better that I use a CMS, so I bought a mysql server on my web provider and I installed drupal, I saw from a few reviews that it's the most complete and SEO friendly.
I am trying to make a humor website, and for now I intend to put the following:
text, photos, videos, images, flash animations and AJAX comments (something like what facebook does, without reloading the page, I learned from an IRC conversation that i should probably use this language.

NOW FOR MY PROBLEM:

For learning everything else (HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT) I just did a little search on google for "HTML tutorial" and I found very good documentation.
The problem with drupal is that I'm overwhelmed with information, every site just suggests a new module or even better a 10 hour video pack to buy. I'm looking for a good tutorial to learn, I have no idea from where to start. I installed drupal a month ago and I put a few modules, let my friend register and tried a few functions, I tried installing zen as a starting theme but I understood nothing of it.

I would like to know :
1)to find a good drupal tutorial, step by step (ok not with screenshots that show you where the OK button is, i'm not that n00b :D )
2)is it possible to use dreamweaver to write some of the repetitive code? (when i developed the static version i inserted a video by dragging the video on the dreamweaver window, and it wrote the script by itself)
3)I drew this with ms paint as a sketch of what I would like to do with the jokes page and i am attaching it here since i can't post a link to my website here (it says i can't post external links)

Thanks to everyone, I have always resolved my biggest problems on ozzu, i love this site!!!!!!

:D :D :D :beerchug:
Attachments:
barzellette.png
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem you are going to find regarding tutorials is that there are a million things you can do with drupal. So finding a tutorial that will fit your needs may be a bit tough. Lullabot has a lot of info regarding drupal. There are a bunch of Groups over at the Drupal site that could help you. There are also the forums. Drupal is also a lot of just playing with it and trying different modules and themes until you get a combo you like. I run a website on Drupal and it just takes time and patience.

Did you take a look at this website? They seem to have a lot of links and info.
http://mogdesign.eu/blog/ultimate-drupa ... ollection/
  • doooh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • doooh

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your quick answer, i will certainly look at the site you linked!
  • doooh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • doooh

Post 3+ Months Ago

lullabot has videos for 80 dollars, i'm not saying they're not worth it, but if i could find a free alternative it would be much better, my budget is not particularly high :(
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lullabot has free videos I believe. Look under podcasts.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts