I need a new website

• jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was just told that our company website needs to be replaced with something different. Something that will catch a persons eye...... where should i begin? I haven't messed with our site in a long time. Are there web trends that i need to be looking at? Argh!!!

I'm going to be looking for a template to purchase but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Any help would be apriciated.

Here's our current site. www.newdirectionsnw.org
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Am I right in the fact that its mostly an informational type website? Will it be updated very often and by one person or multiple? Would you like any sort of CMS system built into it to make updating the website easier? or are you fine just editing HTML?

One trend I am seeing is moving away from Flash designs and instead using dynamic effects using JavaScript. For instance in the past if you wanted a slideshow on the main page with cool effects you would probably use Flash. Nowadays you can have a slideshow with cool effects without using Flash, and its much easier to edit as you just update your HTML. JavaScript libraries such as jQuery make it much easier to get things done instead of having to make the wheel for everything or resorting to using Flash.

Here is an example of what I mean, check out this jQuery template. View the live demo and watch the slideshow and how it transitions, all done using no Flash :)
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are correct about it being an informational site. I will be the only person editing the site and html is fine to edit in. I'll take a look at the link you posted. thanks!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts