need template

• tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

i need a new template for my site about the us military can some one either make on for me, give me ideas on what it should look like, or tell me how to make it thanks

--Flink
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

why don't you just do a Google search for free templates? and as far as what it should look like, i guess you need to further explain what the site is going to be about. Are you supporting or troops, bashing Busch for sending them over, recruitment, weapons, your experience, etc. But I guess something with some dark colors would be my choice. But I think you need to search for some free templates on your own. Do some of the leg work! :)
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

i did and they arent what i am looking for
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

tennisaceflink wrote:
i did and they arent what i am looking for

well what do you like? can you show examples or a description? lol. sounds like you are trying to avoid the hardest part of the process.
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

so basicly what im looking for is like the one i have now at http://www.weaponsofusmilitary.com
i like the overall layout, but i dont like the colors, or the boxes on the sides.

ill draw it out for you in photoshop and then email it to you
whats your email?
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

tennisaceflink wrote:
so basicly what im looking for is like the one i have now at http://www.weaponsofusmilitary.com
i like the overall layout, but i dont like the colors, or the boxes on the sides.

ill draw it out for you in photoshop and then email it to you
whats your email?

why didn't i put two and two together. i have looked at this site a few times. can you please tell me what the overall purpose of the site is. i never understood that part.
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

the over all purpose of the site is for it to be an encyclopedia about the us military specificly its weapons and special forces i am also in the procress of implimenting a forum/member part of the site but have no idea how to do that either
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

and what/who is your target audience?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

tennisaceflink wrote:
the over all purpose of the site is for it to be an encyclopedia about the us military specificly its weapons and special forces i am also in the procress of implimenting a forum/member part of the site but have no idea how to do that either

I can help you out with just about the most of it... for a pay of course...

If interested, PM me
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

my target audiance is anyone but i want the template to be militeristic
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's still pretty wide open. i think you need to do some more planning. let me give you an example. i did hat site and they wanted to attract young men between the ages of 12-25, that were of moderate income and enjoyed hip hop music. See what I mean. Now I could have built a site using the same images and similar content and it could have been geared towards vendors looking to sell. See the difference?

But look at these:

http://freesitetemplates.com/templates/ ... /Military/

http://www.templatesbox.com/category/mi ... /index.htm

http://www.boxedart.com/phpshop/members ... /mp_/59/77

Maybe these can give you some inspiration. Do you know Photoshop or another program in which you can build a template? Is the sole purpose of the site to share knowledge? I see you had some video game stuf on the current site.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
tennisaceflink wrote:

I can help you out with just about the most of it... for a pay of course...

If interested, PM me

I dont think there is a budget for this project :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I know but I don't really want to do things for free anymore...

And by "...help you out with just about the most of it... ... I mean the programming and templating thing, and possibly some articles for you... but of course, at a pay...
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:

And by "...help you out with just about the most of it... ... I mean the programming and templating thing, and possibly some articles for you... but of course, at a pay...

LOL. Free help is so hard to come by these days. Help a newbie out :) You know when I first start dabbling, I was on another forum that exercised a lot of tough love. I learned what questions not to ask. So that being said. I would try and read some articles about design and developing a site first. then do some Html tutors. Then some CSS tutors. Flash tutors if you are using Flash. Then maybe javascript, then maybe a little php if you want a contact form. Oh and if you don't know Photoshop, you gotta get that in. So we will see you in a few months for another round of critiques. Or you could buy one of the templates already made and save yourself some time and headache and money for the aspirin. But you won't learn anything. Just like asking for help on mostly all of it. You don't learn like that. And I think a lot more people would be happy to help you if you took a couple steps on your own. :) Not pressed for time are you? If not, try to learn on your own. Buy some books, or watch some YouTube tutors. There is so much free stuff out here, except an open source replacement for Flash. When that day comes, it's all over. Anyways, there is so much free knowledge out here. You just have to put the write words in the search box. Good luck!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

zaiah wrote:
Bogey wrote:

LOL. Free help is so hard to come by these days. Help a newbie out :) ...

I'll focus on that part :lol: Not that I can't or never done in the past... actually I've done a lot of stuff for free...

What I mean to say is... he needs a template, great, I can help him. At his site he mentioned that he needs help with articles and he would probably would need some programming help. The request that I have isn't big... very light actually. Not only that, I got to pay my expenses too :lol:

But if this is impossible I can come up with something.
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

i know flash, i know html somewhat, and i am good with minipulating photos in photoshop im only 19 so i dont have any money but the reason that i am making this site is because of my friend who got called into iraq two years ago, i made it in honor of him and now i have an even bigger reason to have it... next friday he was supposed to come home, but he is not any more because last thursday he got shot on the front lines and died so i dedicate this site to him

thanks for all your help guys any help is worthwile no matter how litte

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts