needing some assistance on a website

• Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need alittle part time help with a non profit website (charity) i have been over-worked and have over-booked myself for time and need some assistance with maintaining this website. http://www.decosterskids.com it is a website for an organization that focuses on keeping kids and teens off drugs and away from street violence. I have been helping them on their site for a few years now as a favor for them. and I dont charge them anything for it. but they deserve more time than I am able to give them.

what I would like to find is someone who is fairly good at doing websites. that is looking for a creative outlet to show thier talent. and at the same time get a good feeling of satisfaction that they are help out a good cause. i did the website the way it is from scratch and i honestly have not had time to make any changes or updates to it, and i know it has a lot of work that need done as far as regular maintenance etc..

if anyone would be willing to spend 4 hours a week (or more) on this project with me please post here...

preferably someone who posts here regularly that some people here already know...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i will

if u want to look @ a site i made go to http://www.freewebs.com/teamchaosnewsite/
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can! :D
  • idesign
  • Born
  • Born
  • idesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

great
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

idesign -- if you have nothing constructive to add to a topic,
then please do not post. thanks.
  • kazz88
  • Loc: Sydney, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Gadget Guru

If you haven't found anyone already, I would be very willing to maintain the Decoster Kids website for you :) .

I run my own web design company and also do quite a lot of volunteer work mainly for an Animal Welfare organisation and also for the elderly.

Please have a look at my website at http://www.bluerain.net.au for my online portfolio.

Thanks for your time.

Kazz
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heya Kazz!

Glad you found us, you should Introduce yourself to the rest of the forum! Hope you stick around (and glad to see you fell into the avatar trend! :))
  • kazz88

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey b_heyer

Thanks for the message. Do I introduce myself on this page or is there a specific page for introductions? You can easily tell I am new to this forum :D

Kazz
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

heheh the links do kind of blend in, I had linked it to "Introduce yourself"...Sorry!

You should go here and post:
introduce-yourself/

:)
  • kazz88

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the b_heyer. Forgive my temporary blindness!

I have posted an introduction message.

Kazz
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys sorry, i didnt check back to this post recently... let me catch up... and ill pm you if i have more questions... thanks :-) ... you all are fantastic for being willing to help out... and again it isnt that i dont want to... but i just dont have the time anymore like i used to...

kazz88,

have a look at one of my old webdesign websites, it has not been updated in over a year but it is still there none the less...

http://www.ferrisdesign.net
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

kazz88 wrote:
Dear Gadget Guru

If you haven't found anyone already, I would be very willing to maintain the Decoster Kids website for you :) .

I run my own web design company and also do quite a lot of volunteer work mainly for an Animal Welfare organisation and also for the elderly.

Please have a look at my website at http://www.bluerain.net.au for my online portfolio.

Thanks for your time.

Kazz

Kazz88,

thanks for your willingness to help. while it is true i prefer to have someone that we are all familiar with here at ozzu, it is also true that you have a nice portfolio, and a nice website as a reference to your work. (and hey i bet we will get to know you soon enough) you have a very prosfessional and well laid out site. you are obviously very talented, and we would love to have you as one our bud's here at ozzu... please pm me regard the DeCosters kids website, so we can discuss what would need to be done...etc etc...

thanks for you kindness :-)
  • kazz88

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Guru

I just checked out that website http://www.ferrisdesign.net. Looks great! Very impressive. Nice and clean and easy to navigate around.

I am just learning Flash at the moment. One of my big clients wants a whole new website to be done in Flash so I am frantically trying to learn as much as possible. Nothing like being thrown in the deep end. Sink or swim! Hopefully my dog paddle is up to scratch. haha Nothing like a good challenge.

Cheers

Kazz :lol:
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

you will definately want to get to know unflux then! he is da Bomb on flash! my site is merely an edited template, im not good enough to do a whol site like that from scratch...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts