I never thought I'd say this.

• ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good job, IE? Yes though I Hate IE with the passion of 1000 suns, My computer upgraded me to IE 11 and I didn't even notice until I tried to debug an IE issue. This issue was happening on IE 7 and 8 and I could not replicate it since last month at the time I started to debug I was running 10 I was not able to replicate this issue. So I put the issue on the back burner until I could get time to really dive into the issue. I don't know when the update happened but in the developer tools was a feature to run IE as Edge, 10, 9, 8, 7 and 5 and well as run the page as if your running the windows phone or on a desktop. The ability to change the user agent string

UA options
IE10
IE9
IE8
IE7
IE6
IE10 windows phone 8
IE9 windows phone 7
IE XBOX One
IE XBOX 360
Chrome
Firefox
opera
Safari (ipad)
Bing bot
custom

You can also change the display orientation and resolution and simulate a GPS signal

I have already used this to replicate the issue that people were having and that i was not able to replicate before and fixed it. So far seems to be a good tool to debug issues and I have to say that I'm kind of impressed But I Still HATE you IE
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

IE has left a sour taste in many developers mouths, and its hard to forgive that browser for everything it has put us through in the past. I am glad they are going in the right direction, and I am very thankful I don't have to support IE6 or IE7 anymore.
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea sour indeed there are so many things I've been asked if i can do and they would be nice feature but i had to say no to because of IE, since the company i work for is IE dependent. Soon i will not have to support IE as much since this company is changing the default browsers to chrome. I truly didn't nee to solve the issue for IE7 but i had a bit of free time so I'd thought id give it a go. It is nice to see them improving. They are still in last place in the HTML5 area but they are starting to get there.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts