hi, new webie looking to make a site

• Ispammedu
  • Ispammedu
  • Loc: H2kclan.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, i am just getting back in web design again and i am looking to start making web sites again but i am just a bit outdated from having no internet but anyway i would like to make a template site for a program. and i was wondering if there is any scripts that could help me organizing all the templates. i am sure i can organize the rest but it is just the layout of the site. Any help at all would be appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• claireo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • claireo
  • Loc: Coventry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where exactly did you want to start and what do you want to include on your website?

It seems to be Div classes at the moment, and creating a document as small as possible, with as little bits and putting scripts and styles in external files. This really helps all the search engines read your website well as will get to the important information first.
  • Ispammedu
  • Ispammedu

Post 3+ Months Ago

well really i was going to put each item in seperatly but i think that would be a lot of time wasting so if i could use a script so i can use lets say a upload form so i can upload the item with the information to the site and then it would show up and it would sit there.

i am just trying to get the site automated to reduce time instead of having to add each one into the site and having to re edit pages every time i want to add something..

ty for reply
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

well if you have 'items' that are going to change and be added frequently I would suggest using a database and just building the site dynamically ... if you were to go this route you first have to look at a few options ... which type of server side scripting does your host support, PHP, ASP, etc. then also, do you know any server side scripting (PHP or ASP.Net for example)?
  • Ispammedu
  • Ispammedu

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am going to be using php and mysql for the site, i used to program in php and mysql back in my torrent coding days but it has been 2 years from when i last programmed so i was hoping that someone on the internet was bored enough to create a basic script to help out due to my laziness of learning php and mysql again.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.w3schools.com, Rather than someone help you. I think you should start to learn again, As then you have the knowladge on how to do this on your own.

If your stuck on any specific coding or design issue, Let us know.
  • Ispammedu
  • Ispammedu

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was just trying to avoid that but i think thats what i need to do. i am just a lazy coder sometimes

-----

hmmm i just looked at that site and it looks like it has just about everything to get back into coding. i will be lurking there for a bit i think

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts