Newbie: What can i do with my site when finished?

• vaindioux
  • Born
  • Born
  • vaindioux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I am a beginner in web design. I focus on CSS, PHP and mysql along of course with html.
I am at the beginning level in PHP and mysql, beginning to intermediate with CSS and intermediate with HTML.
I have been building a site offline to mostly test my skills and be my first addition to my portfolio when finished. The site focuses on Horror/Sci-fi movies released on DVD's which is a subject i like.
My question is: When my site will be up and running, i want to move on to something else, probably build a free website for a local business and add it to my portfolio too, but then the DVD site will become outdated, i wouldn't mind updating it but won't have time to search/create new material.
How can i handle this? Shall i post an add in a DVD or horror movie forum to find someone that could spend time findind/creating new material and giving it to me to put on the site?
I would love to keep updating it, it would only better my skills but material search/creation would be a big waste of my time.

I am looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks a lot

Patrick
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• blueseraphim
  • blueseraphim
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi...
well,i suggest you focus urself to one of ur websites first.updating ur site do takes a lot of time but if you really want to include this site to ur portfolio then you do need to give time to it.besides, an outdated website is no good for a portfolio.if you want someone who could do the tiresome work of updating the site for you, you might want to let everyone know that your site exists.making an add could be a start.before you can ask someone to do the job for you, you have to make sure you started to do the job urself.
well, good luck on ur upcoming sites!! ENJOY!!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts