Not alignign left?

• Skybin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Skybin
  • Loc: Where the soy and cornfields grow...

Post 3+ Months Ago

You probably need visual to know what I'm talking about. Maxedge

On the left, of the content, I poistioned the left column with a margin-top. But now the text that iis not next to the leftcolumn won't flow to the edge of the content box??
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It won't flow to the edge because the floated div's margin is there.

Set the margin to its normal value (0 I presume), and move the div _itself_ down (in the HTML code), maybe just after the second news entry. Also I noticed that your margin property for #contentcolumn has an error: you have "0 x 8px 8px" whereas you meant 0 0 8px 8px.

Also, you could clean your code up a bit. All of your H1's it seems are placed inside a div with class of "newshead." You could just have <h1 class="newshead"> and set the styles accordingly. Likewise with H2 and <span class="grey"> -- you could just set the grey rules by putting a class on the H2 itself, omitting the span, leaving your code more readable. Also, headings are for structural purposes, but you're using h5 for the Aristotlean quote, which is not the heading of any section. It would be more logical to omit the H5 markup and just use the styles with the div that you already have there.

Add meaningful alternate content for your images, using alt attributes. People will like you for it!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts