orphan graphic/file finder

• icontact
  • Born
  • Born
  • icontact

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I have searched the forum and not found the answer so I really hope I am not asking info on a previously covered post.

Can you give me advice on what software to use to find orphan graphics on my web site? I am a web designer and a client of mine insists that his department's staff add content to his web site once in a while. This causes problems - we use Macromedia MX and synchronize files regularly, use check in/out, but still files seem to appear on the server that I know nothing about - like graphics that are bloated that don't seem to go with any web pages. It is so annoying! I have just located about 200 graphics that date back over a year that someone uploaded yesterday!!!

I use Xenu Link Sleuth a lot to find broken links as I do not find MX's broken link finder as good, but my main concern is locating orphan graphics.

I know about expensive software options through my extensive google searches but I am really looking for some software that costs less than $100 to accomplish what I need.

Any help is gratefully accepted! Thanks!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post