Our web designer says he cannot remove white borders on video

• xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for reply Brian.

Yeah im really ignorant when it comes to website design. I will go to go-daddy and look closer for this .index file and let ya know how it goes.

Out of curiosity... I'm assuming being we have our hosting through go-daddy, thats where all of our website stuff would have to be stored for our site to work correct?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, if you know you are hosting with Godaddy, then all of your website stuff would be stored there.
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

GOT IT! You hit the nail on the head!

For your own knowledge... in go-daddy a customer has to login into the hosting control panel, chose FTP manager, tick index, then chose edit, and it brings up a popup for the code.

Wow very minimal code for that page! Def. not worth a grand in my opinion. lol

Thanks Again Brian... Forgot your paypal, re-send please... Same amount as last time fair?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for letting us know how you found the area via Godaddy, that could be helpful for someone else down the road :)
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

NP... Helps Others ;)
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Quote:
Was that difficult?
What can we do so that our designer can duplicate this?

Wasn't too hard. If it were me, I would fire your designer as they did nothing to help you or even try. They told you this was not possible when it is. If you want to give your designer a second chance tell them to view this thread and look at the examples above on how to implement it. Everything is there, he just has to view the sources. In my opinion when a webmaster, designer, or programmer tells you something is not possible, I would question it like you did. Good for you.

Quote:
What can we do to return the favor to you?

Only thing I would ask is to refer people to ozzu, especially the technical minded ones, always looking for more useful members here :)

With your other questions about design work, I will contact you via PM.

lol i love useless designers, fun to fire because their list of mistakes just go on and on.......anyway just wanted to say good work as all ways big web

Now i loaded the site up 4-5 times to get to the menu and i found that to be really off putting on quality of work. I have never had a issue where i have had to refresh 4-5 times to get it loaded. But did some more exploring and checked your products on facebook so i guess your a clothing line company moving online and after checking some of your stuff and some of the quality of the site i am really looking forward to see what your team produces.

If you get bigweb to help i am sure it would turn out epic :P

But keep up the nice work on the site, looking good so far.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Zealous wrote:
lol i love useless designers, fun to fire because their list of mistakes just go on and on.......

I'm sure the money you put into useless designers makes it far less fun
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks For Compliments Zealous

Court in 5 days, so hoping things look our way, and we can use our hard earned money to get moving on site. It really will Behoove our business once that's setup and Rockin'!

Again thanks everyone for the support, and help with getting us something up for the time being.

Brian you may be hearing from us soon :)
One thing is for sure... You get what you pay for!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

xtacybyme wrote:
One thing is for sure... You get what you pay for!

In most cases... there are a few exceptions to that.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
Zealous wrote:
lol i love useless designers, fun to fire because their list of mistakes just go on and on.......

I'm sure the money you put into useless designers makes it far less fun

I am sure you have even come across someone that boggles you to the point that you throw your computer chair at them.

I have had some people work on a small design for weeks on end so i let em continue and few more weeks still nothing but a half arsed attempt then what i get in the end is something i really don't want or need and they are asking for payment.

But as for putting money into designs well why should a developer not get paid, if someone does the job and does it well more then happy to pay whatever they want for it as it would be quality work but to present a late hunk of junk is a different story.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 40 posts