Our web designer says he cannot remove white borders on video

• xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off i have no clue why I'm here, and why my web designer i paid $2800.00 bucks for isn't posting this!

i could really use some help... i have paid a guy to do an animation for our website, it was a video (.avi) then i had the vid guy convert the .avi to flash for the web guy I'm dealing with now.

when someone comes to our site they are supposed to see this .avi in full screen (basically it's an intro to our site) and then once it's done playing it is supposed to go to our coming soon page. (once site is completed the intro page will stay and the coming soon page will be removed.)

The problem... my web guy says it's my 22 inch monitor, (I'm a pc tech And like to think I'm determined and able to troubleshoot things quite well, and I highly doubt this is my issue, i do not know web design but logic tells me what I'm trying to achieve should be able to be accomplished) the reason i don't think it's my monitor is when the intro starts there are scroll bars if i have it set at a small window size, if i make the window larger the scroll bars disappear, but on the bottom and sides of the vid animation there is white. It LOOKS TERRIBLE! I've sent him screen shots and he tells me its due to my large screen size, and on his small monitor he doesn't see the white. and basically tried sugar coating me, and telling me that ONLY 1% of people out there will have this large of a monitor, and the odds that someone that has a monitor this size, will hit my site are slim to none. I told him i don't care i want all 100% to be able to see it and for it to look nice.

His reasoning, excuses he's given me the last few days.
1. ohh it's the animation guys fault. (i said no... because if you watch the video in windows media player, or vlc any media player. it fills the screen\resizes with the player with no problems, and no white showing.) 2. it's my large screen monitor (as i mentioned above) i told him i have logged into our site with the link you have given us on my laptop (12 inch screen) my netbook (10 inch screen) my girlfriend's desktop (19 inch) and my desktop (22 inch) and also my 55 inch TV in theater room and they all have scroll bars\and white showing when you move the browser window from small to full screen. I've played the video in windows media player on all those systems (there is no white, no scroll bars) I told him that it has to be something on the web design side, because once i get to the coming soon page (i don't know your guys terminology.. but I'd call it a static page - basically a wallpaper) I can resize my window on all machines and that whole static image\wallpaper will move and always be centered without showing white or cropping of text\buttons etc. The intro page however, has scroll bars, shows white, and the video does not move with the page.
3. that the file i gave him was a .avi, and has to be made into flash, and once its flash. then the site will fall on itself because there are 5 layers(what this means i have no clue.) All i know is that there are other sites that have flash\video intros! Then i told him there are at least 5 websites I've given you that when you go to them they start out with animation or a movie. one great example.. Marilyn Manson. i said if these sites offer video\flash for intro's and i paid you, then mine being it's an avi made in HD and can be converted into anything should work, and look nice. it should always stay centered, and above all look the same on any monitor it's being viewed on.

Any of you guys have any tips for me? I'm at wits end. And really want this to work. And above all I'm on a mission now to prove the web guy i paid to do all my work wrong! (goes without saying as well, that I'm a small business owner, and i don't have time to be researching or taking on a new hobby that vie paid a professional to be doing)

All we want is when someone comes to our site, they see our .avi\flash play for 8 seconds (length of the clip we made)then fade into coming soon. and he's telling us it's the best it can get, that it's not possible. And i don't believe it... I've spent hours goggling this, (When i figured this is what i paid him for.) I've sent him links, talking about margins, flash and white borders with .swf files.

I'd really appreciate any tips and info from you guys. To me this seems like a web designer error. If the coming soon resizes as you move the browser window (and does NOT show scroll bars, Then this should also be able to be achieved with a vid\flash (a moving picture - whatever) file (because I've seen sites that do it) I even offered to go 1\2 way with him (Even Though i don't feel i should have to budge on what my dream site should be) and said if you can't figure out how to make it full screen, then maybe you can use the coming soon template that doesn't move at all (is completely black) and remove all text\buttons, then just put the .avi file\flash files CENTERED onto that coming soon page, and make that the intro page. (DEFINATELLY NOT AT ALL WHAT WE ENVISIONED)

Thanks For reading, And Any help\tips\explanations you guys can give.

Oh i should also mention i even said to him.. well if this won't work with .avi or flash file. what do you need this .avi file converted to? i could convert it for you. but i don't want a crappy looking site! He says there is nothing it can be converted to cause the whole site will fall apart because its 5 layers (again, i don't understand what he means).

One Last Rant\Question If I May... If you are a web designer and this is what you specialize in.. Do you as a designer only care about the initial site? or do you realize that there is the potential that YOUR customers small businesses could grow, and by growing, they will most likely need more work done) i don't understand the thought process of... it can't be done! As i mentioned earlier, I've seen its possible with my own eyes, I've spent a few hrs. researching web design (Not having a clue about most of this stuff) but if i were my own designer, I'd make darn sure i signed up on forums, asked people if what my client wants done is possible, and if it is, and i don't know how to do it, i would find a way to accomplish it!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you happen to have a link for this website so we can see exactly what you are referring to?
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ty for reply

here is the temp link.. notice when it first starts (webguy told me you have to refresh 5-6 times for it to load completely) once loaded view in small window mode, then while animation is going, make your window size larger all the way to full screen you will see scroll bars, and white on the bottom and sides

http://www.theadvault.info/Goathead/preload.html
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I added a simple line of css and got the white on the sides to go away.

Code: [ Select ]
body{
    background-color: #000;
}
  1. body{
  2.     background-color: #000;
  3. }
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

on the bottom as well?
are there scroll bars the way u did it?

for my own knowledge how are you able to fix this if you dont have access to my account? Sorry for my ignorance
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is what it is looking like for me:

Attachments:
white-border-around-flash-video.jpg

Ugly white border around flash video

Is that how it is appearing for you too? I downloaded your files and messed around a bit. Per SpooF's solution it simply gets rid of all of the white, but your video would be a fixed size. That is an adequate solution and very simple to fix. You can see the result here:

http://www.ozzu.com/examples/no-white-borders-flash/

If you really want the video to get bigger here is a dynamic solution requiring more use of javascript:

http://www.ozzu.com/examples/full-screen-flash/

Which shows you how it can be resized and such. Is that what you are looking for?
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys,

Sorry for my lack of replies. I was out of town when i replied last, and family issues arose preventing me from replying until i got back in front of pc. I'm home now, and back at this in full force.

Bigwebmaster - That is exactly how it is appearing to me on all my devices!
May i ask what size screen you are using? (I still do not think it has anything to do with that!)

What my girlfriend\partner and i are hoping for, is that the video of the goat is always centered in middle of screen! I told web designer to give the look that the goat was cracking your computer screen monitor(so the second you come to our site, it would give the frosted glass look across whole window with goat centered, in all aspect ratio's like any other webpage) so if window is small, large, or full screen, the frosted look will fill the WHOLE page (no scroll bars, no white, no black, only frosted), and the goat will always be centered. Well as you can tell from the first few frames (the goat hitting the glass) this does not look realistic because the video that was made by animation guy does not fill the window on the website (the video itself in any media player fills the window, just not on the website - so video is correct, designer is lacking skills, making excuses or just plain lazy to research how to fix this). If it filled the window it would look more realistic to us.
I'll await your replies
Thanks So Much Guys! I really should be using this time, for quickbooks, social marketing, And other business related tasks that i've not payed for. If it werent for your info, time, and expertise i don't know what i'd do. I'm really tired of given money away to people who sell you on there talk and not there actions! (they don't back up there words with there work)
Thank You
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just want to make sure you fully ready my last post. While I posted that screenshot of the bad looking version, I gave you links to two working solutions below that (at least I think). Let me know, my screen resolution is 1920x1080.
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also bigwebmaster your first link looks great, I see you got rid of the white, but when animation is playing if i move the window in any direction (making it larger or smaller) the video doesnt resize to the window) so it gets cutoff, you will notice the second the animation is done and the coming soon page comes up (if you move window larger or smaller everything stays centered)

your second link... fixes the window resizing issue, but you will notice from image below, one can still see where the frosted glass ends. Meaning there is a black line on the bottom still.

That black line we wanted gone so it gives the full screen frosted look i spoke of in my previous post.

• xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry bigwebmaster - i did see it :) my son interrupted me and i posted before including my other remarks and image.

My resolution on my work\main machine (image where screenshot was taken) is... 1920 X 1200
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

The main problem here is the scaling. If you scale it both ways to fit all four sides then when a browser is resized you will find that your animation is highly distorted. For example, on my browser you would find that everything would look extremely bloated if you do not maintain the aspect ratio. The problem here though is everyone has different monitors and different aspect ratios. So unless you don't care for the distortion, you would need to choose if you want the upper and bottom edge to always be flush, or the right and left edge to always be flush and then the rest would be automatically calculated depending on the aspect ratio.

Another solution may be to get rid of that frost in the video and then you probably wouldn't notice it as bad.

Does this make sense at all? I can provide you a few examples if its not clear.
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

that does make sense. Thank you. it's the same as scaling for hdtv's
Like my older 55 inch mitsu, being i have it plugged via component and not vga or dvi. i have scaling problems. That i get.. wow we have some thinking to do then i guess.

may i ask, why it works for marilyn mansons site? (just a site i can think of off the top of my head right away that has vid)
http://www.marilynmanson.com/

Poor example, turns out he changed it. It use to be full screen (from what i recall) but maybe they did the same trick, there may have been a thin black border an top and bottom as well. But in the new site( link i provided) i can see that the animation is actually in a box.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did one more version which might work for you. This one maintains the aspect ratio, keeps the height at the full height of the browser, keeps everything centered, and if the width of the browser is too small it will simply cut off each side so you cannot see the full thing. The nice thing about this one is that it will not distort things:

http://www.ozzu.com/examples/full-screen-flash/version2.html
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats PERFECT.. NITA LOVES IT!

Was that difficult?
What can we do so that our designer can duplicate this?

What can we do to return the favor to you?

Also do you just run this site? or do you give quotes as well?
Being we payed him 2800, and there's 1800 of which he's not completed yet. Once he has site up, would you be interested in maintaining it? we plan on having lots of flash\pages\contests, promotions\large product lists and add as we grow.

We are very impressed with your GoGetEm Attitude! And from the looks of it, knowledge as well. When we hired him we asked him, if we called you and said hey we need a contest page up, can ya hammer it out in a days time. he said yes. Well we are running on little faith with him!
Another thing I'd like to ask, if we were to switch designers. Is it a big problem for you (A designer) to work off of someones else's work?

(He told us, he doesnt like working off other designers work, and all that does is lead to problems. Well lol from what we are already experiencing, we've already ran into problems, and a guy who has no determination.)

Thank You
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Was that difficult?
What can we do so that our designer can duplicate this?

Wasn't too hard. If it were me, I would fire your designer as they did nothing to help you or even try. They told you this was not possible when it is. If you want to give your designer a second chance tell them to view this thread and look at the examples above on how to implement it. Everything is there, he just has to view the sources. In my opinion when a webmaster, designer, or programmer tells you something is not possible, I would question it like you did. Good for you.

Quote:
What can we do to return the favor to you?

Only thing I would ask is to refer people to ozzu, especially the technical minded ones, always looking for more useful members here :)

With your other questions about design work, I will contact you via PM.
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looked on your site here (OZZU) to see if i could Add\like Ozzu to Facebook, But Not Finding Anything. I Noticed Share. (Do you guys have a Facebook page? I would add you and help promote this great site! If not, is this something you may think about for the future?
1. Have A Daily Tip Of The Day.
2. Contest for Webdesign Questions and little prize for who gets them right
3. Contest for those who have made sites from your templates, or just your fans posting clips\parts that you have helped fix.
4. upload your sites you've made
5. promote your great template prices
6. Many things you guys could post to get out there!) ~Goathead~ would be happy to Like\ And share your posts with our friends and customers! (Around 2000 so far)

I have already made a new folder in my bookmarks named Webdesign Support (This hiring someone to do your work for you, to save time on other things needing to be done is for the birds... I may just learn some design tricks myself once everything is fine tuned and the business slows down, at the very least i won't be blindsided with meaningless words from a designer who tries to pull the wool over my eys!) Anyway now that i know of you guys I will check back often... I Love forums in general that are productive. You All Have Been Great!!!

2 more easy questions if i may...

1. Whats your opinion on this " oh it's already 5 layers deep, if i do any more changes the site will fall apart" Whats it take as a designer to make a site fall apart? I mean i didnt think i was asking for to much on the intro side of things.

2. Whats your opinion on his speed comments? Everytime he's called and asked me to view his progression\the intro, he's said remember to refresh your page 5\6 times so it loads fully. (this will load instantly once i have site complete) I guess whats so tough on making it load instantly for your clients when your trying to show them (Show Off - Impress, KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS)your progression? Seems like you've accomplished this in no time with little effort!?
Thanks Again Bigwebmaster
Chris
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the top of this thread by the title there is a Facebook like button, would be awesome if you could "like" that. Also we have a facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10697581469

I am not sure what he means by "5 layers" deep. Maybe the Flash file he made is using a total of five layers? No idea, he would need to clarify more.

I think its crap that he is telling you that you have to refresh your page 5 to 6 times before it works correctly. I have never visited a website that requires you to do that, and most visitors wouldn't do that anyway. By the way for your page, I never had to do that, so not entirely sure if that was for the intro video clip or something else.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only reason for refreshing your page a few times would to help clear the cache on your browser, which can also be done by Ctrl+F5.
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster - gotchya added. i will keep an eye on all facebook posts. I live there for our business (until site is up) and after up will most likely continue to... This social networking has really helped our small business out!

SpooF - "would to help clear the cache on your browser"

You hit the nail on the head.. I forgot to mention that. That is what he mentioned as well. But again he did say this was only for the time being, until site was up\finished. But again after seeing how fast Bigwebmaster fixed this and i didn't have to refresh once. Makes me wonder why even mention it\or have it be an issue for your customers? In our business we strive to avoid any questions, concerns, or making things difficult! What we say we will accomplish, we will! If we don't know how to accomplish it, we will find the answer with out worrying you as the customer!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh I see, yeah that makes sense. I was under the impression that Flash wasn't fully loading and required a refresh five or six times before it would load. Just clearing the cache usually does the trick and for any changes he made to the Flash that would most likely have to be done. I misunderstood by what he may have meant then.
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ohh OK Thanks For Explaining.
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, We Are Going To Take This Opportunity, to give him this link, And Hopefully he takes it to heart, and gets us up and running to our liking, and also adds you to his Favorites\Bookmarks, and can feel free to come here, and learn, give some of his own tips, and grow as a designer like the rest of you.

Nita and I Are Debating, We Cannot come up with a mutual reply. so here's her reply

" Chris your given him *plum* credit, I'm given him the chance to be a star (it's the glass empty\full thing"

Instead of... "and can feel free to come here, and learn, give some of his own tips, and grow as a designer like the rest of you."

It Should Be... "and can... Participate On A Professional Level, With The Same Standards As Those In This Forum.

I Love Nita's Class!
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

ROFLMFAO - We LOVE Plum Credit!!! Can We Use That For a Shirt Idea?!
  • Flashter
  • Born
  • Born
  • Flashter

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Bigwebmaster -
I'm working on the site that you provided source code for, implemented it, and it looks great in the editing software, but when I uploaded it, it looks much different on the website than it does here ...I've obviously missed something somewhere and am hoping you could take a look at it - to duplicate what you did, I may need your help, here. I've tried resizing the object in the xml callouts, but keep getting the same result that you'll see at the link (that you hopefully still have to the goathead site that had the resolution issue the day before yesterday, since I can't include the link) ...There either seems to be a conflict with a parent style somewhere or just something I'm simply missing - a new set of eyes would be great - Thank you!
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey flashter, if you remove the period from the URL you can post it. After you do so one of us will make the link clickable.

Ex:
http ://Www .example com/page
  • Flashter
  • Born
  • Born
  • Flashter

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for that info - the link is:

http://www.theadvault.info/Goathead/preload.html
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Flashter, I believe in the configXML file (flash/Goat Intro Final.xml) I removed the width and height as well. So the highlighted lines below I removed completely so that the flv video doesn't stay fixed at those dimensions:

XML Code: [ Select ]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config>
   <param name="flv" value="Goat Intro Final.flv" />
   <param name="width" value="900" />
   <param name="height" value="467" />
   <param name="autoplay" value="1" />
   <param name="autoload" value="1" />
   <param name="buffer" value="3" />
   <param name="buffermessage" value="" />
   <param name="buffercolor" value="000000" />

<param name="bufferbgcolor" value="000000" />
   <param name="buffershowbg" value="0" />
   <param name="title" value="Goat Intro Final" />
   <param name="titlesize" value="0" />
   <param name="titlecolor" value="000000" />
   <param name="margin" value="0" />
   <param name="srt" value="0" />
   <param name="srtcolor" value="000000" />
   <param name="srtbgcolor" value="000000" />

<param name="srtsize" value="11" />
   <param name="showstop" value="0" />
   <param name="showvolume" value="0" />
   <param name="showtime" value="0" />
   <param name="showplayer" value="never" />
   <param name="showloading" value="autohide" />
   <param name="showfullscreen" value="1" />
   <param name="showswitchsubtitles" value="0" />
   <param name="showmouse" value="1" />

<param name="loop" value="0" />
   <param name="startimage" value="start_frame.jpg" />
   <param name="playercolor" value="000000" />
   <param name="loadingcolor" value="000000" />
   <param name="bgcolor" value="000000" />
   <param name="bgcolor1" value="000000" />
   <param name="bgcolor2" value="000000" />
   <param name="buttoncolor" value="000000" />
   <param name="buttonovercolor" value="000000" />

<param name="slidercolor1" value="000000" />
   <param name="slidercolor2" value="000000" />
   <param name="sliderovercolor" value="000000" />
   <param name="loadonstop" value="0" />
   <param name="onclick" value="playpause" />
   <param name="onclicktarget" value="_blank" />
   <param name="ondoubleclick" value="fullscreen" />
   <param name="ondoubleclicktarget" value="_blank" />
   <param name="playertimeout" value="1500" />

<param name="videobgcolor" value="000000" />
   <param name="volume" value="100" />
   <param name="shortcut" value="1" />
   <param name="playeralpha" value="100" />
   <param name="srturl" value="video.srt" />
   <param name="top1" value="0" />
   <param name="showiconplay" value="0" />
   <param name="iconplaycolor" value="000000" />
   <param name="iconplaybgcolor" value="000000" />

<param name="iconplaybgalpha" value="25" />
   <param name="showtitleandstartimage" value="0" />
</config>
  1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  2. <config>
  3.    <param name="flv" value="Goat Intro Final.flv" />
  4.    <param name="width" value="900" />
  5.    <param name="height" value="467" />
  6.    <param name="autoplay" value="1" />
  7.    <param name="autoload" value="1" />
  8.    <param name="buffer" value="3" />
  9.    <param name="buffermessage" value="" />
  10.    <param name="buffercolor" value="000000" />
  12.    <param name="bufferbgcolor" value="000000" />
  13.    <param name="buffershowbg" value="0" />
  14.    <param name="title" value="Goat Intro Final" />
  15.    <param name="titlesize" value="0" />
  16.    <param name="titlecolor" value="000000" />
  17.    <param name="margin" value="0" />
  18.    <param name="srt" value="0" />
  19.    <param name="srtcolor" value="000000" />
  20.    <param name="srtbgcolor" value="000000" />
  22.    <param name="srtsize" value="11" />
  23.    <param name="showstop" value="0" />
  24.    <param name="showvolume" value="0" />
  25.    <param name="showtime" value="0" />
  26.    <param name="showplayer" value="never" />
  27.    <param name="showloading" value="autohide" />
  28.    <param name="showfullscreen" value="1" />
  29.    <param name="showswitchsubtitles" value="0" />
  30.    <param name="showmouse" value="1" />
  32.    <param name="loop" value="0" />
  33.    <param name="startimage" value="start_frame.jpg" />
  34.    <param name="playercolor" value="000000" />
  35.    <param name="loadingcolor" value="000000" />
  36.    <param name="bgcolor" value="000000" />
  37.    <param name="bgcolor1" value="000000" />
  38.    <param name="bgcolor2" value="000000" />
  39.    <param name="buttoncolor" value="000000" />
  40.    <param name="buttonovercolor" value="000000" />
  42.    <param name="slidercolor1" value="000000" />
  43.    <param name="slidercolor2" value="000000" />
  44.    <param name="sliderovercolor" value="000000" />
  45.    <param name="loadonstop" value="0" />
  46.    <param name="onclick" value="playpause" />
  47.    <param name="onclicktarget" value="_blank" />
  48.    <param name="ondoubleclick" value="fullscreen" />
  49.    <param name="ondoubleclicktarget" value="_blank" />
  50.    <param name="playertimeout" value="1500" />
  52.    <param name="videobgcolor" value="000000" />
  53.    <param name="volume" value="100" />
  54.    <param name="shortcut" value="1" />
  55.    <param name="playeralpha" value="100" />
  56.    <param name="srturl" value="video.srt" />
  57.    <param name="top1" value="0" />
  58.    <param name="showiconplay" value="0" />
  59.    <param name="iconplaycolor" value="000000" />
  60.    <param name="iconplaybgcolor" value="000000" />
  62.    <param name="iconplaybgalpha" value="25" />
  63.    <param name="showtitleandstartimage" value="0" />
  64. </config>

Hope that helps!
  • Flashter
  • Born
  • Born
  • Flashter

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good hit, there, Bigwebmaster - I had actually rebuilt the whole page and got the same results with styles, but had that one stickler about not eliminating the parameters altogether ...I had "played" with those parameters a lot, but had never eliminated them totally - I see that, left in there, no matter what dimensions you gave them, the whole display would be a slave to 'em. Again - very good hit - I'm already on my way to the "like" button :-) Thanks again.
  • xtacybyme
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xtacybyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Guys

We had to let our website designer go, It just wasn't working out, we've yet to receive any type of reimbursement out of our $2800.00 and are still waiting for a reply from him on that... In the mean time, we have changed our email address due to our ISP breaking up with Microsoft. The coming soon page that he made for us has our OLD email address in the contact us button… (the contact us button has an e-mail address link, and we need to change it to our new email address) Being my partner and I have No website design knowledge… is there any way you could guide us on where we would go on go-daddy to find where all our website fields are? So I can search through them and try to find that coming soon page/contact us button and change the email address… (It would be greatly appreciated due to the fact we don’t have a replacement designer as of yet due to waiting on getting some of our funds back, but our website is published and people are going to it. So we REALLY need to have the contact us button fixed!

I would offer a paypal payment for any info you/or anyone else could give to us!

As Always, Thanks Guys For All Your Help!
Chris
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry to hear about your web designer.

I am not sure if Godaddy has an area where you can see the file contents of your website, if they do go in there and edit a file most likely named index.html or index.php, or something with the words index in it. In that file you will find the e-mail address that you are wanting changed, simply change it to the new one, and then save the document.

The typical method for changing file contents on a website is using an FTP program, but it may be easier for you if Godaddy has something already built in where you can just find it in your browser and edit it. Hope that helps :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 40 posts