Page format problem on Chrome

• remon479
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • remon479

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all,

I designed a website for a local business and it does not seem to respond well on google chrome browser.

This problem is visible on my laptop as well as my home PC. However; my Work Desktop PC does not show any page format problems while using the same browser.

This is quite annoying and does not seem to be working correctly on chrome. It works perfectly well on safari, IE and firefox. The problem is, there are two boxes which are out of place and should be on one line..

Please visit the link to see the screenshot of the problem:

Attachments:
raj_shot.jpg

I have used Chrome's 'report an issue' tool....but who knows how long OR if they ever come to fix this problem

I look forward to your replies :)
Moderator Remark: Removed duplicate thread and attached picture
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I took a look at your screenshot and then went to your site:

http://www.therajasthan.co.uk/

and looked in Google Chrome and it seems to be fine for me. Is it possible on your computers that have it showing it this way that you need to refresh your cache in your browsers? If you have cleared the cache and are still having the problem, what version of Chrome are you using and what OS is your laptop and your home PC?
  • remon479
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • remon479

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Bigwebmaster,

the only way the problem is resolved is when i click on the nav bar links; for example, as I enter the URL..the page loads and the boxes are not in their correct positions... but then if I click on the nav bar link (or any hyperlink on the webpage).. the boxes go to their correct places (magically). When I refresh the page the boxes go back to their wrong positions again... i have no idea why it does this :S

Laptop OS: Win 7 home premium, Chrome 14.0.835.126 beta-m
Home OS: Win 7 professional, Chrome (non-beta, latest version)

Both the browsers on each machine are up to date
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am trying to think of reasons why this would only happen for you on those computers and not for me when I visit your website. Do you happen to have any identical plugins installed for that browser on those two computers that have the problem? Can you think of any differences between those computers and the computer that works correctly for you? What is your Work OS and Chrome version?
  • remon479
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • remon479

Post 3+ Months Ago

As soon as you mentioned 'plugins' I disabled the following on Chrome Browser:

Extension: AVG Safe Search
Extension: DivX HiQ
Plugin: AVG Internet Security (10.0.0.1390)

After disabling these processes the website seems to load perfectly :)
I disabled these processes one by one and found that AVG Safe Search is what seems to be causing this problem...and both of these machines have AVG installed.

well i Guess we figured out what the problem is now :lol:
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

So it sounds like to me that AVG Safe Search may have been modifying your HTML code before it was rendered in the browser. Glad we figured out the cause though! Thanks for letting us know what you found out, I am sure this information will be useful for someone else down the road :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts