Pdfs question

• Timmy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Timmy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone know how to add a PDF to a web page. I have the df that i need but i cannot seem to insert it so it sows up in a window or frame (it just opens up acrobat)

Anyone a master with pdf's as I have plenty of other questions about them too.

Cheers
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure that you can load them directly into an internet browser page...
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is possible.............but not likely in most browsers. More likely to cause browsers to hang, blow up, computer to leak acid, etc.

You can have them show up in a window by using <a href="file.pdf">link</a>. If you want them to show up surrounded by HTML, you have one in an iframe, for instance. If that is the case, then have I mentioned that you're crazy? ;-)

If a normal hyperlink does not work for you, then it is your computer that is behaving as you did not expect it (but certainly not "strangely" or "incorrectly"). If it is still not working, show us a URL of it not working (but don't post code; that would be useless).
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

As an aside, I always suggest to my clients to only offer a PDF for printing, it's what PDF's are good for. But, never use a PDF as a means of content/information delivery, it's bad that way. Offer the info in HTML first, then as a PDF to download.

(*ponders the reason that people feel the need to print everything*)
  • Timmy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Timmy

Post 3+ Months Ago

simply enough you do just embed it

Code: [ Select ]
<embed src="pdf_here.pdf" width="600" height="500" align="middle"></embed>

Works just fine
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is real interesting. First of all, yes it is possible to view PDF in a web page. Follow this link -> http://msn.foxsports.com/story/920998 and click on one of the 'weekly pdf schedules'. How it is done, I have no idea.

Now for that interesting part - when the PDF file is in view, you cannot view the source code! Anyone know how that has been disabled???
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

It still used acrobat to open lionking. and It opened in a new page. PDFs do not have a source code, thats why you couldn't view it.

I'm also with Dm. I dont advise PDFs unless it's a document for printing or downloading. You ever try editing those things? They are hard as heck, I can't stand them personally, not to mention that Acrobat Reader 6 sucks. It constantly hangs up my browser. I never had that problem with version 5.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes it does use Acrobat to render the file but it opens in a new Internet Explorer window (I'm on IE here at work)

It may differ from browser-to-browser though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts