phpBB integration into website

• peachy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone know anything about phpBB being integrated into a website so that entire website, not just the forum, is run from phpBB?
I have thought about integration for my site but am still a little cautious because phpBB in general is not very SE friendly and because I don't want the homepage to look like a forum.
Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about using a portal?

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/category/34
  • peachy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

those portals sound good because of the content management but I wish they had some demos so that you could see what it would look like.

For me, the biggest factors in my decision will be customability (not sure if that is even a word) and how SE friendly the pages are. As far as customization I need to be able to make pages for individual restaurants with menus, pictures and general information.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ask and ye shall receive http://opensourcecms.com/index.php?opti ... Itemid=156
  • RockmanTV
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • RockmanTV

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I did when I wanted some phpBB elements on my website was create a new user to read from the phpBB database and I queried it myself. All it takes is a basic understanding of mysql and of phpBB (mainly just the password encryption techniques, which was md5 last I read). Then just incorporate those elements in your site where you want them.
  • RITZ
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RITZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can easily use phpBB as a general core instead of just a forum. Look at any of the viewable php scripts and you'll see how you just make the right includes, initialize the session, load a template and set variables.
  • mrking
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mrking

Post 3+ Months Ago

RockmanTV wrote:
What I did when I wanted some phpBB elements on my website was create a new user to read from the phpBB database and I queried it myself. All it takes is a basic understanding of mysql and of phpBB (mainly just the password encryption techniques, which was md5 last I read). Then just incorporate those elements in your site where you want them.

i am interested in your idea but would u mind giving more guides, as in, elablorating the steps to take while managing the phpBB elements.

On the other hand, what i really want to create is something like http://asiadolly.com/online/asiadolly/web/forum/index.php where there is a template of the website and within the template in the main, there is a "embeded" forum powered by phpbb.

Please give details if we need to edit codes. Any inconvenience is regreted and thanks anyway.
  • ablaye
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ablaye

Post 3+ Months Ago

phpBB can be easily integrated into PHP Nuke. I am not sure about Joomla or Mambo.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

regarding SE friendly URL, you can check the SEO mods for phpBB2 in Able2know.com or you can click here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/about15132.html

You have to integrate the mods manually and it's not that hard. It will remove the special chr like "?" in ID for shorter and SE friendlier URL like in ozzu.com. Hope this help.
  • peachy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

there is also the keyword in url mod too. I have heard a lot of good things about the able2know mod but not too much about the keyword in url mod.

As for phpBB website integration, my site should be integrated in a few days. I hope it is good.
  • bendix
  • Born
  • Born
  • bendix

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that is a great phpBB integration into my website buys... how is it possible guys??
  • jenifer100
  • Born
  • Born
  • jenifer100

Post 3+ Months Ago

-- Rename index.php to something like forum.php, and similarly rename the index_header.html and index_body.html in the style templates folder.

-- Create separate header and body pages in the style templates folder for each page of the site, plus a .php page in the main directory (e.g. page1.php, templates/page1_header.html, templates/page1_body.html. Put whatever HTML content you want on the pages in the body html pages. Make sure that the .php page calls the associated body page and the body page calls the associated header page.
Moderator Remark: manual sig removed
  • rmerac
  • Born
  • Born
  • rmerac

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm making a website for a cub scout pack here in my home town and the Den Leader requests that there be a forum.. I'm using simple html and js on my current template..

I'm looking to insert a message board in the body area.. But I'm new to php and have no clue where to start.

Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use phpBB and integrate the site into it. It can't be more simple.
  • zizotje
  • Born
  • Born
  • zizotje

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello i had the same problem but i have fixt it Check this: gungamersclan .com/forum.php

and here is the code:

put this in your head tag:

CSS Code: [ Select ]
<style type="text/css">
<!--
#container{
    width:652px;
    height:1200px;
    overflow:hidden;
    margin:auto;
}
#container iframe {
    width:652px;
    height:1200px;
    margin-left:-25px;
    margin-top:-115px;  
    border:0 solid;
}
-->
</style>
  1. <style type="text/css">
  2. <!--
  3. #container{
  4.     width:652px;
  5.     height:1200px;
  6.     overflow:hidden;
  7.     margin:auto;
  8. }
  9. #container iframe {
  10.     width:652px;
  11.     height:1200px;
  12.     margin-left:-25px;
  13.     margin-top:-115px;  
  14.     border:0 solid;
  15. }
  16. -->
  17. </style>

put this in your body where you wand your forum to be:

HTML Code: [ Select ]
<div id="container">
              <iframe src="YOUR FORUM PAGE OF PHPBB HERE" scrolling="yes"></iframe>
          </div>
  1. <div id="container">
  2.               <iframe src="YOUR FORUM PAGE OF PHPBB HERE" scrolling="yes"></iframe>
  3.           </div>

play arround with the size of the container to let it fit on your site

greedz A Awsome Kid
  • tyle_rehrman598
  • Born
  • Born
  • tyle_rehrman598

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow cool stuff huh..I can't wait to try this one if it really works for me.
  • jimm1909
  • Born
  • Born
  • jimm1909

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="tyle_rehrman598"]Wow cool stuff huh..I can't wait to try this one if it really works for me.

Did you end up getting it to work? I'm having some issues with it.

Thanks,

-Jim

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts