How to replace phpBB Logo in top left hand corner of forum?

• ExeEnergy95
  • Born
  • Born
  • ExeEnergy95

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I wondered if anyone might be able to help me. Ive installed a phpBB forum on my website and got things up and running ok. The only thing I cant figure out if it is possible to change the logo of phpBB which is displayed at the top left hand side of the forum to my own logo?

I'm sure its simple but I only just figured out how to get a forum on my site, more by luck and fiddling for hours than any real knowledge and my brain is fried for today!

Thanks]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can either replace the logo file in the template assets folder and adjust the CSS for the dimensions or you can roll your own theme.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

never a fan of phpbb, i would rather SMF(both free). I have SQl injected more phpBB sites then SMF over the years.

But to the point at hand, easy fix this is. You can modify the picture in the images folder, usually logo.gif. right click and view image and in the address bar you should see where it is located.

After you have your new image when you upload it back to the server and lets say it is bigger then your going to need to change the CSS code in the template as mentioned above. just change the width and height of the logo.gif and upload both image and CSS in their proper directory's.

Bobs ya uncle :P

Check the phpBB forum in the how to section for simple tutorials similar to this. Or post up here.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts