PHPbb3 Creating own style

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is annoying... I deleted all of the CSS from the style that I'm editing and changed the overal_header.html and my forum still looks the same...

I deleted that style VIA ACP and I emptied the trash, I deleted the cache, I emptied all of the temp files VIA CCLEANER (Crap Cleaner), I deleted all of the templates, themes and imagesets except the style that I'm creating, and I moved the other styles from the style folder and still I see the forum styled as before... does this mean that I can't create my own style?

Where does phpBB3 forum find those CSS files anyways?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

ACP -> Load Settings -> Recompile Stale Style Components

Turn it back off when you're done working with the style.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome, Thanks so much joebert... appreciate it :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

A problem occured... I edited the overal_header.html and now I became a moderator all of a sudden :shock:

I can't get to the administrator panel... instead I go to the moderator panel... any help? I can post my overal_header.html if needs be...

[EDIT:] I also want the login form to be on every page if the user is not logged in... I did that I just don't know what to put for the action... tried {S_UCP_ACTION} but it didn't produce anything... guess that variable isn't set, but...

[EDIT:] Nevermind about the login form... found what it's supposed to be

[EDIT:] I found the problem... in the template it checks for U_MCP but the administrator's variable is U_ACP... I changed the U_MCP to U_ACP and it now works but I don't understand one thing... why does it only allow for moderators or only for administrators? How do I fix that?

[EDIT:] In some places on my forum I'm the administrator and in the other places I'm the moderator... why do I keep changing from moderator to administrator and than back again?

lol thanks for all and any help I can get that leads to the solution :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, this may sound stupid, but I'm trying to create new forums on my phpbb3 setup... right now there is only 1 default and I can only edit it...

If I try to add moderators I see my created forum, but I don't see it on the index...

It just doesn't show... Why is it?

BTW: I think I fixed the moderator/administrator control panel link... shows the administrator link correctly I will just have to create a new account and set that account as moderator to check...
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

When creating new forums in this situation, have them copy the permissions from the default first forum.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright lol... I was doing that but I somehow managed to mess it up... I just tried now and everything works... thanks so much Joebert...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts