Position="absolute" and scrolling="?"..?

• Keiyoru
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tokyo, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, I know I had this ages ago... but the problem is I need it again and the pages I had with it... got deleted. No backup, HTML discovery gone for good.

There was, I'm sure because I remember it WORKING, some kind of mixture between the position and scrolling property that did a good thing to a page - no scrolling at all. Doesn't BUDGE. WHich is good for gallery pages where you don't really need the page nudging when you can't set a table, for example right and it keeps stretching and moving. I know the position one would screw up the whole page if viewed in a lower resolution because you can't actually scroll anything... but... does anyone know where that "SCROLLING="NO"" was put so that the page doesn't budge a bit and where the position thing should be stuck in?

I'm talking about a general page, not I-frame.

As far as I remember, it was somewhere around
Code: [ Select ]
<BODY BGCOLOR="#000000" background="http://picture.jpg" bgproperties="fixed" LEFTMARGIN="80" TOPMARGIN="30" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" allowtransparency="true" TEXT="#999999">

but shoot me if I remember where exactly. I tried putting it everywhere and it doesn't work. Damn page.. scrolls. I tried with the scrollbars="0" thing.. didn't work again. But I'm 100% certain there was some way of managing that.. and I also remember it took me MONTHS to figure it out before... just to lose it with damn host deciding to shut down.

Sorry about the long and pissed off explanation but I really need that tag... please, if anyone knows how it went like, please tell me.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as I know, there is no way to make the PAGE stop scrolling. The only way is to make sure all of the content is inside the window so it doesn't make it need to scroll.
  • Keiyoru
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah my dear love the irony combined with ridicilous insight of HTML mania expressed as over 30 hours of no sleep CSS-ing and scripting.

Behold the property tag *.*

<body scroll="no">

It makes me laugh!
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm... I don't seem to be familiar with that. Which version of HTML was that released in?
  • Keiyoru
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know, some person figured it out here and as soon as I read it, i remembered that that's how it was:

http://www.remixx.net/tutorials/html_noscrolling.php

"Uses: HTML". No version specified.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

kk
  • trip of the tongue
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • trip of the tongue

Post 3+ Months Ago

<body scroll="no"> will work in 6 browsers out of 7. <body style="overflow: hidden"> will work in any modern browser. I suppose you could use both to throw the widest net.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts